JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap: Indian Heritage Walk - Chennai

unnamed.jpg

The Great Indian Heritage walk meetup was planned on 4th November 2018 in many parts of India. I thank the organizers  @AmbrishVarshney,  Steve Abraham, NareshDarji, Nand_Kishore, Alam_Shaikh, RaveeSAhluwalia and all other for the wonderful planning and execution. 

I have hosted the meetup at Merina Beach, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.  Marina beach is selected just because of its a treasure of heritage. Beginning from Lighthouse, national leaders statues, Presidency college, Vivekananda house, Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Labour statue and Madras University, Tamilnadu Ex CM's memorial, etc. (further it extends to the Secretariat building,  War Memorial, Santhom). 

Including myself, there are 9 people participated 

Traveller G
Thiagaraja
Lambert Winston S
Mohan

Sametha D/O Mohan ( studying 3d standard)
Mohan Vee
Saravanakanth P
Karthik Sankar
John Peter

10.JPG

We gathered near Gandhi status had a briefly introduced ourselves and started our Photowalk and we had a wonderful time taking photos using DSLR, Mobile Phone and 360-degree cameras. 

5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG

Since the child was there and it was a very sunny day we could not go for a long walk and we have ended our meetup visiting Vivekananda House. There we had 2D and 3D shows explaining the stages and Hinduism and the biography of Swami Vivekananda. It was very meaningful and made our meetup very special.

9.JPG

Personally, an unforgettable movement was, in the starting of our meetup there was a heavy rain and there was no place to go hide from bad weather. Surprisingly Chennai police allowed the public to use their booth to protect from rain. I salute them for their hospitality. 

13.JPG

I thank all the participants and I wish them all success and hope to see them again soon in another meetup.  

11.JPG12.JPG

With regards,

John Peter 

Marina Beach, Tamil Nadu
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Indian Heritage Walk - Chennai

Thank you @JohnPeter brother for taking part in The Great Indian Heritage walk and make it successful . And wonderful pics 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Wonderful RECAP post dear @JohnPeter. Your photos are really superb.. 

Thanks for sharing this RECAP with us. 

Google Moderator

Hi @JohnPeter,

Thank you for your recap! Do you have a photo album with pictures of the great places you visited?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Dear @DeniGu madam, thanks for the appreciation and showing interest to meetups. 

Link for photo album : 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMNoVyFyHKxKwxU0_80aWUp0IqHU64ppz55hCQHXBzAJeJKp9eJfTUxA1C1tpoG...

Like to video recap: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigLVOQKfqQ

If possible please do join our future meetups. You are most welcomed! 🙂

Google Moderator

Hi @JohnPeter,

Thank you for sharing the photo album and recap video. It's so nice to hear the thoughts and impressions of the Local Guides who attended the meet-up. 🙂

The street noise in the video made it hard to understand what the Local Guides were saying, though. Maybe next time you can try filming in less busy areas?

By the way, I really enjoyed the photos of street vendors! Are fruits sold in the street expensive? Which are the most popular fruits in India?

I'd love to join one of your meet-ups in the future if I get that chance. Thank you so much for your kind invitation! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @JohnPeter

Thanks For shearing, Nice Photography

Level 10

Thanks dear  @DeniGu for correctly pointing out the noise disturbance,  I noticed only during the edition.  Yes sure,  I will be very careful with audio and noise in the next meet up.  

Yes, we began our meetup with fresh fruit salad and ended with Tender coconut.  Here according to season we get fruits.  Like watermelon,  pineapple,  banana,  grapes, guava, mango. 

Apple,  orange  are all season available mostly we get it from outside. 

Surely,  plz plan a connect live Chennai and have life experience.  Outdoors are always open for you. 

Thanks for your concern and interested to know more about us.  Very impressed. 

Google Moderator

Hi @JohnPeter,

Thank you, too, for the great meet-ups and contributions you make on both Google Maps and Connect. 

I'm always curious to read more about your adventures and experiences!

Level 10