BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: India perk: a discount on food delivery from Swiggy

Thanks Local Guides Connect Team. This is the first perk. Looking forward to get more...

Level 7

I already consumed the coupon for #Hyderbadi Dum-Biryani from one of the finest @Paradise

Level 8

Dear BellaW, 

Thank you for sharing this information. It's very nice gesture from Google. I have got the coupon but yet to use it. 

Thank you Google!

Regards

Ravi

Level 7

I Can't redeem These codes, i spent 290 unnecessary today. If your not giving real discount then why your people providing fake one.

@BellaWi 👆This is irritating.

Level 7

Untitled-1.png

This is my order Summery

Level 8

Dear friend, 

I faced similar problem when I placed an order of 295 with swiggy. Actually to avail this offer the total bill amount should be just greater than 300 and excess amount should be paid online! In my second attempt I placed an order of rs 330 after discount of rs 300, I paid only rs 30 through net banking.  Hope this helps.

Level 10

hi @Arulanandhan

For Level 5 Local Guides discount on food delivery from Swiggy Credit Of Rs.300 with no Minimum purchase as describe in this post. as per @BellaWi

but @RaviPA mention that this offer should be applied for order Greater then Rs.300.

so please try again with minimum purchase of Rs.300 or Above.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@BellaWi, Its an amazing initiative from Google maps to reward all LG's. Thank you for sharing this detailed post.

Have a great time. We'll stay connected.

- my reply was long over due though I did msg you.

Level 8

@BellaWi @TraciC 

Local Guides come in all shapes and in all sizes. 

The first perk for being a level 5 Local Guide was one Google drive TeraByte storage. This is good for nothing as not all people want that. So, it wasn't a perk-fect token of appreciation for me. 

Then came the Swiggy code perk. This is a kind of  stone age app. You apply the Google Local Guides code and the payment bill say successfully applied and asks me to hit Proceed to pay Rupees zero button and then gives a shocker. Order placed, please pay Rupees 300. 

There's no order cancel button. I tried calling them and the automated message asks me to wait. And, this is not a free call and telecom company is charging me for each second I wasted while being on hold. Then, the customer executive talks to me with his half knowledge. He says cancellation charges will be applied  ( rupees 50)

Please note that I contacted the customer executive within  a fraction of minute and paid for the phone contact from my own pocket. When I escalated the matter to Swiggy they said they take user's feedback seriously and we know that where that cookie cutter response takes us. 

Then, they said I need to use online payment method if I wish to avail the code offer. I'm not a guy with bank balance. If I want to buy something online  I use cash on delivery option. And, why should I use online payment method when I have a code and buying within the spending limit? 

I'm disappointed with the one-of-a-kind perk from Google team. 

Please avoid the hassle for availing such program benefit should you continue this in future. 

Thanks 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @NormanBates, thank you for reaching out. We'll get in touch with you privately in a short while. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.