Explore_Keshav's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

India on a platter! Can you eat this alone?

Hello Foodies!

My hunt for finding the most interesting food brought me to this popular place in Connaught Place area of New Delhi which is serving one magnificent platter to celebrate the World’s Largest Democracy in the world – India & its election season!

And to do so it has launched a huge platter called “The Election Thali” that is India shaped platter serving dishes from 28states of India! What's more is that the thali weighs 10.5 kilos and has some of the most popular dishes that we find all over the country. The thali has several dishes from the north-south-east-west and center including -

• Galouti Kebabs from Uttar Pradesh,
  • Bati chokha from Bihar,
  • Momos from the Eastern Sisters,
  • Prawn curry from Goa,
  • Dum Biryani from Hyderabad,
  • Dhokla from Gujarat and
  • The classic Maharashtrian tiffin or dabba

This thali is quite blend in taste with 28 dishes in it & is priced at ₹1999 for veg and ₹2299 for Non veg! Interestingly any number of people can eat it but thali won't get refilled once your food is over. This was launched on April 11th (as told by café owner)

Picture of Great Indian Election Thali representing food from 28 states. The tiffin box has some parathas and biriyani rice!Picture of Great Indian Election Thali representing food from 28 states. The tiffin box has some parathas and biriyani rice!

Whats the craziest way of serving food that you have seen or clicked?

Would love to see in the comments section! Thanks for reading!

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!
Ardor 2.1, Connaught Circle, Block N, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi, India
11 comments
Level 8

رد: India on a platter! Can you eat this alone?

ان هدا رائع جدا انه تعبير في موضوع والصورة

Level 8

رد: India on a platter! Can you eat this alone?

Thankyou @sinbadss15 although I had to use a translator but I loved how you chose your regional language to comment!

Connect Moderator

Bls: India on a platter! Can you eat this alone?

@Explore_Keshav  mydiet will be failed 😂 ,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: India on a platter! Can you eat this alone?

What a meal @Explore_Keshav 

Thank you

Connect Moderator

Hi @Explore_Keshav,

I would definitely not be able to eat the whole thing alone. I'm always amazed at how many different dishes are usually served at the same meal in India, but this one managed to surprise me even more. 

I think that this is the craziest way of serving food I have seen so far hahah

Thank you for sharing!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Explore_Keshav,

What an original way to serve the meals! Thank you for sharing this great photo with us. 

I'm nor sure if I could eat all of these on my own, but I would definitely taste each one of them. 

Are the dishes put in a way to show from which region of India they come from? 

PS: My favorite Indian meals so far are Chicken Korma, and Chicken Curry. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Woww @Explore_Keshav , this is simply amazing 😃😃😃

Level 8

Absolutely @BorrisS they have been put up basis the states. It's a delight to taste so many states on a single table. I'm laughing so hard thinking an image of you eating chicken korma and chicken curry since it's too spicy and infused with so many spices  😂 so glad at the same time knowing that you have tasted our Punjabi delights !

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Explore_Keshav,

I love spicy dishes! In Morocco where I grew up, we eat a lot of spicy food too. 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!