BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Important information on the Mt. Agung eruption in Bali

Peta MyMaps Lokasi Pengungsian Erupsi Gunung AgungPeta MyMaps Lokasi Pengungsian Erupsi Gunung Agung

Yesterday, Mount Agung erupted in Bali, Indonesia. We wanted to share some useful information from Indonesia’s Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (BNPB/National Board of Crisis Mitigation).

How to stay up to date:

What to do to stay safe (from BNPB😞

During an eruption:

• Avoid any places that are recommended by the authorities to be evacuated. Avoid river valleys and low-lying areas.
  • Avoid any open spaces and protect yourself from volcanic ash.
  • Use goggles and wear eyeglasses instead of contact lenses.
  • Use a dust mask or hold a damp cloth over your mouth and nose to help with breathing.
  • Wear sufficient clothes to protect your body, i.e. long-sleeved shirts, long pants, hats, etc.

After an eruption:

• Minimize your exposure to volcanic ash.
  • Avoid running car or truck engines. Driving can stir up volcanic ash that can clog engines, damage moving parts, and stall vehicles.
  • Clear heavy ash from flat or low-pitched roofs and rain gutters. The weight of heavy ash can destroy houses and/or buildings.
  • Be aware of mudflows. The danger of a mudflow increases near stream channels and with prolonged heavy rains.

Saya tidak memonitor pesan pribadi di Connect. Jika ada yang ingin ditanyakan, mohon dibagikan secara publik di board yang sesuai dengan topik yang ingin Anda bagikan. Terima kasih! 🙂

Indonesia
16 comments
Level 10

Re: Important information on the Mt. Agung eruption in Bali

@BellaWi We pray that everyone in the vicinity is safe and hope this activity will slow down soon. 

If there are Local Guides there, maybe there could a joint MyMap contribution to show shelters points, distribution centers, opened shops etc. 

Former Google Contributor

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@BellaWi We pray that everyone in the vicinity is safe and hope this activity will slow down soon. 

If there are Local Guides there, maybe there could a joint MyMap contribution to show shelters points, distribution centers, opened shops etc. 

That's a good idea on creating MyMaps. 🙂

Saya tidak memonitor pesan pribadi di Connect. Jika ada yang ingin ditanyakan, mohon dibagikan secara publik di board yang sesuai dengan topik yang ingin Anda bagikan. Terima kasih! 🙂

Googler

Wow, @Shirley has been telling me about this eruption being long overdue for a while as I shared with you, @BellaWi, so I can't believe it's finally happened. Wishing everyone in the area, their friends, family, and anyone traveling to the area safety. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Thanks @BellaWi for the update! Good to see available resources! @TraciC, I am glad that I've made the changes to my trip! 🙂

I hope everyone in the area is fine. Hope everyone in Bali stays safe! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@BellaWi  , I read in my school geography that Bali and Sumatra are very beautiful places but climatic disasters are very bad , hope no one gets effected and local guides who have a clear idea about the safety shelter should mark the places using my maps and shared with every one in the area like @StephenAbraham said ,it would help even more , It is good that google maps come handy during these situations like during the floods in srilanka earlier this year ,My maps helped a lot .The post is very detailed ,gives all safety directions to people over there.

Level 9

Thanks @BellaWi for the update and hope all are fine out there. Stay Safe

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

thanks for informing

2 friends of mine went to bali last night 😕

Level 8

@BellaWi thanks for the info . Hope everyone is safe !

@StephenAbraham that's great idea #MyMaps

Prayers .

Level 4

I'm an Indonesian national who is now living in France, the information really is important and beneficial for many people; as we all love Bali and this may really come handy for the moment..