NewFolder5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Importance of attending Local Guide Summit 2017

Hey everybody,

I wanna know what are the advantages of attending the Local Guide Summit 2017 and how is the selection process for it.

It will be great if someone responds.

8 comments
Level 10

Re: Importance of attending Local Guide Summit 2017

Hi @NewFolder5

The advantages... well, it is to meet other local guides as well as Googlers, learn some tips and some "inside info" (sometimes), enjoy yourself, see a (maybe never visited) new part of the world etc. I did not participate last year's summit but have participated a few Top Contributor Summits (like in 2015 last time) and I can imagine these summits are similar.

As to what the selection criteria are, I can only refer to last year's summit (scroll down to the FAQ section).

Level 9

Thanks for the information. 

Level 10

First direct advantage: travel expenses and accomodation are being offered by Google itself.

So, #lgsummit16 summiters enjoyed a lot this free vacation in one of the greatest places in the world!

Still don't know where the #lgsummit17 will be held, maybe in Rome! 😄

Level 7

I haven't been to a Local Guide Summit yet, at level 3 for now. But I have attended one Summit in Dublin for AdWords. The biggest benefit for me was to connect with CMs and Product Developers. Then, you get free fare and accommodations as well :). It should be the same for Local Guide Summits as well. About eligibility, you can be selected based on your contributions.

--

Thanks 

Ratan Jha

https://google.com/+RatanJha

Level 8

the summit allows you to meet other guides who are excited with the program as yourself. you may get some tips on how to do more with the google products.
We may get to see future projects . plus you may get to visit some cool places as a group.
We just have to wait for the announcement

Level 8

So you want it at your hometown to cut down travel time, or want it to be another part of the universe, so to visit somewhere new?

Level 9

I would say that I want it to be another part of the universe so to visit somewhere new.
Level 10

@YK1001 wrote:

So you want it at your hometown to cut down travel time, or want it to be another part of the universe, so to visit somewhere new?

No i was thinking about Rome just to point out that this could be a joke for me! 😄