KatieT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Im new in local guide

I'm new to Google Local Guide, can you guy's explain a little about it. Why can we meet up, and what for etc...

3 comments
Level 7

Re: Im new in local guide

@KatieT Would be glad if I can explain you few interesting things about being a Google Local Guide. Being a Local Guide you can connect with thousands of other mates around the world, know about new places. You can contribute to google maps, review different places like restaurants etc and share your experience with others.

If we talk about meet-ups, these can be organized to connect and plan growth of your local guide community, which makes you meet and interact with new people. You end up learning new things every time you meet new faces, or go in such meetups. It's all about contributing to maps and helping other with your experience and knowledge, with respect to places you have been to. It's all about making new friends and connecting with new faces. 

Level 8

@KatieT If you imagine serve to this Introduce-Yourself-February-2017. Good luck

Level 8

Hi @KatieT Welcome to the Local Guides Connect community. You can introduce your self here, Introduce Yourself - February 2017. Once you do that you can also check if there is any Local Guide Supported Community in or around your area. If there is, feel free to join and connect with other people. There you will be able to get invitations for any meet up, activities or tours. If there is no community you can start your own one and later on you might be able to apply in order to get it registered into supported communities. I strongly suggest you to look at this helpful page, "Start an online community" before and while you are creating a community if it's the case. Good Luck!

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides