Foto-Fuessi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

IMPERIAL CRYPT - Kaisergruft in Vienna

"Death, that must be a Viennese": This morbid-charming text line from the same Viennese song by Georg Kreisler gives an unmistakable indication of what is often said to the Viennese: A special relationship to death. Part of the flirting with death Viennese soul is the diverse cemetery landscape and a gem of this is the Imperial Crypt, also called the Capuchin Crypt, the burial place of the Habsburgs and Habsburg-Lorraine in Vienna. The crypt is located on the Neuer Markt under the Capuchin monastery and is cared for by the monks of the same name, the Capuchins.
The tomb has been buried since 1633. 149 Habsburgs, including 12 emperors and 19 empresses and queens, have found their final resting place here. The magnificent coffins are mostly made of tin and bronze.

IMPERIAL CRYPTIMPERIAL CRYPT2019_Wiener_Fotoschule_136-2.jpg2019_Wiener_Fotoschule_148-2.jpg2019_Wiener_Fotoschule_152-2.jpg

Kapuzinergruft, Tegetthoffstraße, Wien, Österreich
3 comments
Level 7

Re: IMPERIAL CRYPT - Kaisergruft in Vienna

this is AMAZIN

Level 8

@Foto-Fuessi awsome pictures!!

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing @Foto-Fuessi, unfortunately when I was in Vienna I didn't have the chance to see this crypt up close. It looks very beautiful.

By the way, I've noticed that your post has a German language label. Please note that I've removed it. To learn more about this kind of labels I recommend to take a look at the article How do I find posts in my preferred language?. Also, I relabeled your post to Travel, as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!