Dr_Mohh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

IF YOU LOVE CULTURE, COME TO AFRICA

Every year, I guide hundreds of tourists, including culture and history enthusiasts to this beautiful historic edifice. You can give it a try too. ?

Front ViewFront View

Happy touristsHappy tourists

Side viewSide view

This is the royal palace of the emir in my hometown; Bauchi. It's has been in existence for more than 150 years, it was built around 1800AD. The architecture is the master piece of a famous royal architectural builder in the then Hausaland named Babban Gwani. Babban Gwani's building talent is so mysterious because up to date many people still believe that angels used to be present whenever he was in action of building. Popular accounts explain that Babban Gwani built only at night while his labourers were said to be hundred slaves who would spend the whole day gathering mud and thatched clay. History shows that his slaves used to throw a hundred mud blocks for him to catch and lay without any single piece of sand or clay dropped down. His buildings still stand strong, firm and beautiful for centuries.4AAEB9CB-7C48-426F-9A48-06687C75D538.jpeg

Bauchi, Nigeria
11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: IF YOU LOVE CULTURE, COME TO AFRICA

Hi @Dr_Mohh,

Wow this is really cool building! I really like the drawing on it! What can you find inside the building? Is it a popular tourist attraction? When is a good time to visit? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

@DanniS Yes, the drawing is absolutely beautiful, you can feel it when you touch with your hands. The building is popular tourist attraction in the city of Bauchi. Inside the building, you’ll find the royal seats and beautiful ancient architectural designs. It’s like a parliamentary building for the king and his subordinates. Again, inside the building has an ancient ceiling system which regulates the temperature condition of the building. It’s open for visitors every time of the year, so every time is a good time for visiting it.

Oh wow @Dr_Mohh that's incredible! I've never been to Africa yet, so if you have any tips or advice to share, it's more than welcome. What else can you tell us about this city Bauchi?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

@DanniS It will be an awesome adventure for you to visit Africa, and I will be very happy to host you. Bauchi city also has a wildlife game reserve where you can go for safari to see the wild animals. There is also a warm natural spring water which serves as a swimming pool; it is very crystal clear and has a constant temperature year round. I will post more of such as time goes on. Thank you 😊 

That sounds lovely @Dr_Mohh! Each city and country has something unique and worth seeing, so hopefully I do get to travel around more. Thanks for your words! 

Connect Moderator

You can say this any time @Dr_Mohh

Africa is full of culture and cultural artifacts.

Thanks for sharing this with us..

Looking forward to see more of Bauchi through your lences and post...

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

The legend about how this palace was built it reminds me of the construction of the pyramids of Giza, @Dr_Mohh. It has beautiful wall decorations and the using of the resources of the land is mesmerizing

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 6

Thank you so much dan uwa @Sagir for the words of encouragement. Together, we can make the earth an easiest and beautiful place to live; the first point to start with, is our communities. 😊

Regards.

Level 6

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us @BeatrizAguilar I would really love to know more of Giza, are you from there?

Best regards.