IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

IDLI, Type of Indian Food 😋😋

IDLI ( A South Indian Food)

Idli is a very popular dish in South India however its not mandatory that only South Indians eat Idli but its famous all over India due to its rich taste and magnificent texture, As a Indian i like to eat Idli and my all family members loves Idli so much, In South region Idli is make and eat at the regular basis but in other parts of India its only prepared on the weekends on any ocassion due:) 😊😉 Nowadays Idli is quite popular in the other countries of India like dubai, Moscow, Australia etc. Due to the tourism Idli is popular because everyday many peoples visit in various parts of India to spend the vacations and when they taste Idli they like much. 

The Raw Ingredients of Idli are:

• Idli Stand ( a type of mould for making Idli)
  • Pressure Cooker (for baking Idli in steam)
  • Semolina (Suji in India)
  • Curd
  • Baking Powder
  • Table Salt
  • Crushed Tomatoes 
  • Crushed Onions
  • Water
  • Vegetable Oil (Any type, for frying)

First we have to take some amount of Semolina in a container then add some curd, baking powder, water and some amount of salt in it and make a slurry (not so thin) then fill this slurry in Idli mould and add some water in Pressure cooker and put the filled Mould in it. After baking 10-15 minutes open the pressure cooker and take out Idli from the mould.

Take some oil and add crushed onions and tomato in pan and fry Idli untill it turn red. Now you can enjoy Idli with any type of sauce.

I hope you enjoy the story, If you have query related to it you can ask me.

Thanks for reading, have a good day 🙂 😊😊😋

5 Idlis in a plate  with a spoon in my hand5 Idlis in a plate with a spoon in my hand

Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India
13 comments
Level 10

Re: IDLI, Type of Indian Food 😋😋

@IshantHP_ig

Thanks Ishant for this write up on Idly. It's interesting. But you are taking Idly on a fusion mode. Quiet interesting to see good result with alternate ingredients.Traditional Idlies served with Sambar and Coconut ChutneyTraditional Idlies served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney

R S Dev
Level 9

Thank you @IshantHP_ig for share the delicious cuisine's photo. I hope you enjoyed your food.

Level 8

Hi @IshantHP_ig

Thanks for sharing the colourful food photography with us. 

Thanks also for the details information. 

LetsGuide!

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hello @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for sharing this food with us, it really looks delicious. 

I have tried several times to prepare something Indian, but the constant problem that I am facing is that, some ingredients are not available in the shops. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@BorrisS

Borris'

Don't worry. To make traditional authenticity Idly, you need only 3 Items. 

1. Rice

2. Urid dal ( Black Gram- outer skin cleaned)

3. Fennugreek 

3. Salt to taste

Soak 2 cups of rice and 1 cup of black Gram- ( outer skin cleaned) and half teaspoon fennugreek overnight.  Wash thrice and drain. Grind it in grinder to a paste ( grind till you find it coarse) Do not grind all together , grind in two batch with Little water. Cover the batter and leave it for 4 hours.Add salt to taste.

If you don't have a Idly cooker, doesn't matter. Pour the batter in shallow pie moulds and steam.( Prior pouring batter, slightly grease the mould)

R S Dev
Level 9