Karatrick's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I would like to voluntary capture street-view content of my City for google streetview

Hi There,

I realized my City does not have Street-view coverage, for this reason i want to voluntary capture street-view content for google street-view, at least a Hundred Kilometers inside the city to begin with.

• I have a 360 Camera - Insta360 One
  • I have a Vehicle and Camera Mounting tripod

What else should i consider buying?

Is there any legal steps to follow?

This is a voluntary initiative to contribute Travel in General

My city is Kigali.

Thank you.

Optimistic in attitude | Photographer by Passion | Helping others Helps | Academically MBA
Kigali, Rwanda
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: I would like to voluntary capture street-view content of my City for google streetview

Hi @Karatrick and welcome to Connect!

Since you are new here, you probably are not aware of this, but the Photography board is specially dedicated to these type of conversations and this is why I'm going to move your post over there, where your post is going to get the attention that it deserves. Also, please feel free to search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. As an extra tip I'm going to share below some articles that I'm sure that you'll find helpful in making your experience here much more enjoyable:

Hope you'll find this information useful! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Re: I would like to voluntary capture street-view content of my City for google streetview

Only thing I can think of is to blur out any faces because of privacy issues. If you are going to do large scale Street View I would recommend getting Insta360 One X because it can do video mode. I don't think Insta360 One can do that. But with interval shooting it is possible, but more work.

My YouTube channel with tutorials: Street View Eysteinn 

Level 7

Hello @Eysteinn_Gudni Thank you for the Camera recommendation, I have the One X, Now. Already created some blue lines in Kigali.

Optimistic in attitude | Photographer by Passion | Helping others Helps | Academically MBA
Level 7

Thank you @KlaudiyaG,

The articles you shared really helped me getting around connect platform. Since then i became almost a Pro, Hah!