Lavagirl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: I was threatened after my review.

Greetings,

I feel we are giving an honest and accurate review based on our own personal experience. If we visit a very high class venue, be it a 5 star hotel or a 3 Michelin star restaurant, we base our review on how it was, by the same token, if we visit a tiny cafe or small B n B, we review what we see and feel. These are our own reviews, not paid for by anyone, so to be frank, stand by your review. They have the option to comment on it if they want, but not demand you change it, smart companies invite you back to show you that they have listened, and see the changes. In the UK if the environmental health inspector rates then 1* they still must display the sticker in the window for customers to see, if they improve, they can ask to be re-inspected, but until they are, the 1* stand even if they are now worth 3 * due to improvements

Level 10

Agreed with your viewpoint. Learnt some information about how much the authorities care about maintaining standards of services.

Level 10

Comments for or against depends in the likes of product ir services that the person gets from the commercial organisation.

For example a review of the use & features of mobile phone may contain Pros & Cons of the product.

Cons may refer to the low battery life, poor resoution, poor accessability, but high price, poor backup services, etc. which should be undeniably true. The Pros could be easy availability of spared low prices of battery, compatibility of any charger, lowest price of the set in the market. So the product is chode in accordance with the budget & need of features. So the rating by different person can be different. The average of the ratings are evaluated and published by some websites.

If the poor service is reported the company or the trader has equal option to counter or negate with support in their favour.

Dhanasekaran
Level 10

I have the following comment as a reply to another response in this thread. I post the same here too as it may gode unread.

Comments for or against depends in the likes of product ir services that the person gets from the commercial organisation.

For example a review of the use & features of mobile phone may contain Pros & Cons of the product.

Cons may refer to the low battery life, poor resoution, poor accessability, but high price, poor backup services, etc. which should be undeniably true. The Pros could be easy availability of spared low prices of battery, compatibility of any charger, lowest price of the set in the market. So the product is chode in accordance with the budget & need of features. So the rating by different person can be different. The average of the ratings are evaluated and published by some websites.

If the poor service is reported the company or the trader has equal option to counter or negate with support in their favour.

This is my humble opinion.

Dhanasekaran
Level 10

I never rate with 5 starstar anything of lower quality in product or service. I will. not be afraid to give a rating of just 2 Star for a Hotel charging a 50 USD for a room without a window or attached bathroom!

I will also register a disagreement to any post giving 5 star rating in their review for which it does not deserve.

Dhanasekaran
Level 6

Thus defeating the purpose of the review system and the obligation for a business to be honest and treat the consumer as an equal.

Born and raised local MB
Level 10

Well said! It is enough if we are true our own self. 

Spoiler

Dhanasekaran
Level 10

Well said! It is enough if we are true our own self. 

Spoiler

Dhanasekaran
Level 7

Hi All!  It's Lavagirl - the one who was threatened.  I stood by my review and did not take it down.  Although the business said they would get their lawyers and sue me for defamation, to date I have received nothing.  The company had been given numerous opportunities to rectify deficiencies in their services before my review was written.  In my review I stated a fact and gave my opinion, which is what reviews are for.  I must admit I was a bit nervous when I was threatened by the company but now I am literally disgusted with them.  I will continue giving reviews and if a business is deserving of a 5 then that is what they will get, but if deserving of a 1 then so be it.

Level 8

I would be very careful trying to solicit some form of compensation for for softer language.  Or even suggesting that you would change your negative review for a positive one in return for compensation.  That would change the entire nature of what is going on here.

If in fact you have a conversation with the company and they offer or attempt to make things right; print that.  But I feel accepting compensation would constitute a lack of integrity for all other reviews. 

Just one man's opinion.

~Tweber78~
~ My Introduction~