Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

I want to report spammers, please inform me how to submit details @LuisRG

I want to report spammers, please inform me how to submit details @LuisRG

Miami, Florida, USA
9 comments
Level 5

I want to Report a Local Guide Spamming my business with a Fake Review.

I want to Report a Local Guide Spamming my business with a Fake Review.

Connect Moderator

Re: I want to Report a Local Guide Spamming my business with a Fake Review.

Hi @ronself24

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Thanks for reaching us. It seems you already read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

There is no need to post about the same subject twice, in two different boards. So I have merged your two posts in here, @Atsukot

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 7

Re: I want to report spammers, please inform me how to submit details @LuisRG

Hi @ronself24 warm welcome to connect.

Level 9

Hey @ronself24:

Please have a read through this post on how to report content on Google Maps.

Do note that businesses cannot have a Local Guide account. If you're using the account as a business, I would like to ask you to exit the program. If there are questions regarding your business, I'd like to direct you to Google My Business.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 5

Yes, I am Self Employed and own my own business but my Reporting is about a Local Guide Spamming Local Businesses to run up their Point Values. They are leaving post that trash peoples incomes for no reason. Stupid Comments about places and business that they have never been to or have never interacted with, all to gain points. You have created an incentive of abuse. I have Contacted Google business and they directed me here.

Level 5

@Shirley I do not have a Local Guide Account for my business, I have a personal one but my account is not the issue. Abuse by others is.....Children playing on the phone racking up points leaving fake reviews.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @ronself24, sorry for the trouble. A Local Guide added a fake review to your business - correct? In that case, can you please follow the instruction in the link that @ErmesT and @Shirley (thank you so much!) shared with you. You can 'flag as inappropriate' the fake review (s).

Please let me know if the Local Guide is adding fake reviews not only your business, but also other businesses. Thank you!

Level 5

@Atsukot, Thank you for your reply. I am not new to Google or Local Guides but I a new to the reporting process so please excuse my errors! I have already gone that route and to no avail ('flag as inappropriate' the fake review). There are 2 different accounts (Users) that have both left the same or similar reviews and a number of businesses. (Sometimes over 100 in a period of minutes !) Yes, they are ravaging local business with stupid, rude, childish reviews. Going down a list of stores such as Target and reviewing everyone of them for 50 miles. Childish reviews that are not helpful and are obvious that they never were a Customer or visited the place being reviewed. Please let me know how I may report and share these with you.

Ron

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ronself24, thank you for the explanation. I sent you a private message with the instruction how to share more details with us. Please check your inbox. Thank you!