DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: I tried Christina’s sushi photography tips

Thanks for the tip @TravellerG, I'm going to try it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

You are welcome dear @Krishnabanoth...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thank you so much for your positive response, dear @Petra_M,

If permitted, can I suggest few setting-suggestions? The following are guide lines and few trial shots will get you the best one.

I suggest standard 2 candles for a plate of food. The camera can be roughly 2 to 3 feet away. Of course, as you know the camera should be mounted fully stationary (tripod or similar).

A. Mobile camera:

Mode= Manual

Aperture = defaut

Shutter speed = 2 to 4 seconds (for trial)

ISO = 200 to 400

B. DSLR/Mirrorless:

Mode = Shutter priority (S)

Aperture = One stop higher to the lowest Value (Height opening)

Shutter speed = 1 to 8 seconds (As I am not aware Aperture of the lens)

ISO = 100 to 800.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Google Moderator

Hi @MortenSI

Thank you for taking the time to go through both my post and the original one!

I'd say the trickiest tip to follow was 'Capture the ambience'. As a naturally shy person, it took me some courage to stand up and casually stroll around the place to take photos. 🙂

Have you tried any similar photography tips? I'd love it if you have a favourite to share!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Wow, delicious!

Thank you for your photo, @IshantHP_ig. I love it how you used natural light, focused on the details, and composed for the best frame for your meal. I can almost feel the texture of the buns and the white cream on the side.

What's the filling made of? And do you have a favourite food photography tip?

By the way, I was following @Christina-NYC’s tips for taking photos at sushi spots. If you liked my post, I'm sure you'll love hers! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Those are some mouth-watering appetisers, @PoliMC! Thanks for your great photos, as always!

I've seen mostly beautiful nature photos from you on Connect, and I'm looking forward to the many wonderful tips you have to share. 🙂

Google Moderator

Thank you for your nice comment, @helga19!

Yes, I also feel a sense of responsibility when I visit a restaurant and then leave my review and photos on Google Maps. If there are other Local Guides like me, who check the photos of the food before visiting a place, I want to make sure that I show them only the best shots of my meals! 

What's your favourite way of photographing your dishes, @helga19? Do you like to focus on the details, or prefer to take photos of everything on the plate?

Google Moderator

Can't wait to see what food adventures you'll share with us here, @KlaudiyaG! I'm sure they're gonna be delicious. 🙂

Thanks for your kind comment!

Level 9

Hi @DeniGu i like your great tips and the samples in which you used this tricks, generally i capture all food pictures by cellphone and i used HDR mode when there is a lot of natural light nearby the object/food. 

You was asking about the filling it's simply the cream which is made with milk and it has really a good taste when we add it. 🙂

Google Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, @YasumiKikuchi

I was just following Christina's tips, which are quite easy and fun.

By the way, do you usually take photos with your camera or your phone? I'm always amazed when I come across your posts. 🙂