DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Re: I tried Christina’s sushi photography tips

Hey @DeniGu ,

Ever since I became a Local Guide, I try to use the tips I've read and learned here on Connect. I already notice the difference in my photos.

Recently I went to another famous sushi place in Sofia called Edo Sushi, I am sure that you know it. After all a seafood lover like you should know the best locations for this kind of food. I ordered some sushi and even though I was starving, I could not miss the chance to take a photo. I used the natural light to capture my lunch.

Caption: A photo of sushi arranged in a circle, the pieces are covered with slivered almonds (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of sushi arranged in a circle, the pieces are covered with slivered almonds (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Viite: I tried Christina’s sushi photography tips

Great photos @DeniGu! Natural light is always really important to have to get the colors nice. 

Here are my American pancakes I took using my phone's portrait mode and no filters needed. It makes such a difference. Did you find it easy or hard to take photos of food? I find it challenging sometimes to transfer it into photos. 

Caption: A photo of American pancakes piled on top of each other  on a plate.Caption: A photo of American pancakes piled on top of each other on a plate.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

@DeniGu I love this post! I'm glad you had fun exploring these tips and I'm especially liking the "compose for the best angle" and "capture the ambiance" photos! You got some great colorful photos that also reveal more about the location. 

Level 10

Thanks for such useful tips @DeniGu 🙂

I'm not eating sushi very often, but when I do it I'm sure I'll take nice pictures with your recommendations.

Please, look at the photos of my publications and leave me a suggestion 🙂

Level 10

Well done dear @DeniGu,

"..a rectangular plate with different kinds of sushi rolls:"

To me, this photo stands the best 👍...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DeniGu,

I really enjoyed to read your post, and imediatelly started to think which technic I'm using the most. I found out that my favorite is the 'Focus on the details'. Thanks for the details about the tips, I'm going to try something new.

Caption: A close-up photo of a plate of coleslaw and vegetarian quesadilla - Made in Home, Sofia, Bulgaria (Local Guide @Petra_M)Caption: A close-up photo of a plate of coleslaw and vegetarian quesadilla - Made in Home, Sofia, Bulgaria (Local Guide @Petra_M)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Sushi serves healthy and delicious food items, I have been to few Sushi shops in England, they are just awesome. Thank you for sharing your post with us @DeniGu 

Level 8

Fantastisk post i love your post

@DeniGu 

@Petra_M 

@TravellerG 

@Avraham_Jurado 

Connect Moderator

These look great, congrats @DeniGu! And thanks for the tips @Christina-NYC!

I always try to take photos with natural light, and like to take photos focusing on the details as well. I do have to implement the other tips more frequently..

Level 10

Good click, dear @Petra_M ! If time permits, try a "CANDLE" lit food (without any filters), please, dear @DeniGu, too.

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me