Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: I 'm a Cloud-aholic

Very nice picture and yes I see little Italy in the left side of the picture. 

Level 6

Local horse farm in N. GA.Local horse farm in N. GA.This was the day before Irma rolled up north to GA and there were all sorts of interesting cloud bands flying at very high speeds.  Video is better than the still.

Connect Moderator

Nice shot @BakerBoy

I'm curious about the video. Can you embed it? Or link it?

Where do you live in GA?

I lived in center GA, for 18 months 

Ermes 

Level 8

@BakerBoy wrote:

This was the day before Irma rolled up north to GA and there were all sorts of interesting cloud bands flying at very high speeds.  Video is better than the still.

There is almost the look of tilt-shift there

Paul Bender
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT wrote:

@BakerBoy@KarenVChin

waiting for the video, some Clouds view

Do you see the little Italy in the left side of the picture?

Caption - Piangrande, Castelluccio di Norcia - Local guide @ermestCaption - Piangrande, Castelluccio di Norcia - Local guide @ermest

That looks definitely like either a moonscape or you're in the desert!  I do see Italy!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Not a desert, but for sure very dry, @KarenVChin

DSC03206.jpg

a so beautiful place, Karen, that I want to invite also @TraciC and @MariaBi to see.

This is along the path showed in here

Ermes

Level 8

@ErmesT Can't see Italy, but I can imagine...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, your last photo looks it could be here in California - that is why we are called the Golden State. By the end of the summer, the hills are "golden" - dead, golden colored grass. Perfect for wildfire season - that is another post topic.

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT

Thanks a lot for this photo! I love it and it reminds me a quote from "The Desert of the Tartars " by Dino Buzzati-  where Lieutenant Giovanni Drogo is assigned to the old Bastiani border fortress. I'll paste it here in Italian for you :):

Egli era avanzato per la spensierata età della prima giovinezza, una strada che da bambini sembra infinita, dove gli anni scorrono lenti e con passo lieve, così che nessuno nota la loro partenza [...] Il tempo correva, il suo battito silenzioso scandisce sempre più precipitoso la vita, non ci si può fermare neanche un attimo. " 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 9

Italy-2.jpg

Here is Italy!