PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I'm Pavel Sarwar and a Proud Local Guide

This Photo taken LG Summit 2017This Photo taken LG Summit 2017

My name is Pavel Sarwar. I am an Entrepreneur, Community Leader, Food Lover & a Level 8 Google Local Guide. I am from Bangladesh. Now I am living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I live like a Local anywhere I go!

Personally I love traveling, taking photos, and eating at different restaurants. As a traveler and explorer, I use Google Maps almost every day. I love to discover new places and I love to take photos. With Local Guides, I can help any other travelers also. I feel I am helping people in my community. Out of seven kinds of Local Guides, I am the Visualist and the Trailblazer.

Exploring Kuala Lumpur city with Kuala Lumpur Local Guides.  

Street Food: Chicken Wings at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Exploring Kuala Lumpur  Turkish Ice Cream Tricks at Global Ummatic Festival

Untitled-1.jpg

I joined Local Guides program in 20 February 2015.  2015 I started Unofficial Community- Mymensingh Local Guides. Last year, I moved from Bangladesh to Malaysia and joined Malaysia Local Guides. My favorite part of Local Guides is Local Guides Connect and MeetUps.

Few recent meetups link: [RECAP] Bangladeshi food crawl at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Celebrating Victory Day of Bangladesh with Malaysia Local Guides

Three Google Local Guides from three Countries exploring IKEA, Malaysia

As a user of Google Maps, Google Maps and Local Guides program helps me lot. Especially when I travel abroad or locally. Example; During the summit last year, I thought Sumaiya would get a visa, Unfortunately she did not get a visa.  I did not do any such plan for after summit. I could not join with any group. I bought a mobile SIM but it was not working. That time, realized, I am a local guide, why i need other person for travel in San Francisco. Using hotel wifi I download offline maps, did quick visit in Local Guides Connect posts from 2016 summit attendees about San Francisco and I've traveled whole San Francisco alone.

Me and connect Moderator @SumaiyaZafrinCMe and connect Moderator @SumaiyaZafrinC

Local Guides program is my emotion. Local Guides are like my family. It’s now part of my life. My wife @SumaiyaZafrin also a Level 8 Local Guides. So every day we discuss Local Guides. When Sumaiya arranges a meet-up, I try to help her. When I arrange one Sumaiya helps me lot. We discuss our contributions, photo views, quality reviews, etc. Local Guides helps us to spend more time together. Local Guides makes our relationship closer.

Read our Local Guides love story published on Google Blog and Local Guides Connec. Meet The Couple That Guides Together

Connect is best platform for me to connect with all awesome local guides around the world. Every Google Moderators, Connect moderators and Local Guides is very helpful. Every day I try once to visit Local Guides Connect.  From Local Guides program I get many friends from different county, different language, different religion.

I like to talk about Google Local GuidesI like to talk about Google Local Guides

When I lived in Bangladesh, that time it was easy for me to arrange meetups and events. As a expatriates in Malaysia it’s quit hard to arrange but I trying my best for arranging meetups. I try to join most of the meetups organized by Malaysia Local Guides.

Untitled-1.jpg

I attended Local Guides Summit 2017. Those are my best memorable days. Be a Local Guide summit attendee I could meet and Hangout with 151 awesome Local Guides and 80 Googlers around the globe.

Best summit ever, LGSummit2017Best summit ever, LGSummit2017

I love to take selfie. During last year summit I tried to take selfie with almost all attendees and Googlers. I also love to jump. Jumping @TraciC is my jumping idol and Local Guides Mentor. 

After LG Summit 2017,  Local Guide Tory and me are about to get a lesson in molding clay and painting ceramics at a local DIY shop in San Francisco.  Learning How to Make Ceramics - Artist for a Day

My advice for someone just getting started with Local Guides program is first, spend some quality time on Local Guides Connect. See how others in the community are doing. Arrange meet-ups. Please contribute on Local Guides to be a good citizen. Don’t focus on points.

My aim is to create something helpful for millions of people using Google Maps. I want to attend Local Guides Connect Live for learn more about the Local Guides program from awesome Local Guides and Googlers around the globe and also share my experience with them. 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: I'm Pavel Sarwar and a Proud Local Guide

Hi @PavelSarwar

I still remember our first meeting at train station, and then we met many times,it's always nice to meet you,

You are such a dedicated and helping hand person,

Did you remember our bowling match??😂😂😂😂

I learned many things from you brother,thank you so much

Wish you best of luck, and hope to see you in connect live 2018

Have a nice day

Connect Moderator

Great post!!! 

Best wishes for connect live 2018 @PavelSarwar 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@AkmalB yes bro. I have all video and picture.

Level 8

@NareshDarji Thanks dear.

Connect Moderator

Wow This one is awesome.Good to hear your story @PavelSarwar. Keep doing well. Best wishes for Summit 2018

Level 8

@SumaiyaZafrin Thanks dear.

Level 6

Best wishes for Local Guides Connect Live 2018 @PavelSarwar

Level 8

@RadiaRayanC for you also. Hopefully we will meet at Local Guides Connect Live 2018

Level 8