Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I'm Back!

Hello Local Guides Connect, I'm back from a lengthy one-month hiatus. I've been travelling quite a lot in Asia, and although I got back to Sydney last Friday, eight days later after settling back and getting everything back to normal I finally muster up the energy to log in and sift through half a thousand notifications! Things are a lot different this year, so my posting or activity might not be as active as before due to personal circumstances.

First things first, I want to ask how the Local Guides community is. I feel like I've missed out on so many things and especially the Christmas and New Year festivities and celebrations. Proud individuals as @Justine2807@OSAMA@LucioV, others to name a few, the conclave, you still roam around the local guides world right? What did I miss? How are you doing? Apologies I don't reply to anything! I've been left out of the loop so I'm hoping I can take this time and other times to catch up slowly.

There are several posts I want to compose over time, of which include:

• A recap of my Asia adventure to Japan, the Philippines and Singapore
  • Various feedback about photos
  • Reaching 100 million views, and quantitative trends over time
  • Status of The Sydney Conquest project.
  • Establishing an official social media food platform/blog for myself to express, since I've reached 3/4 of the photo limit here.
  • Other minor issues and protocols regarding translations in Google Maps
  • The art of translation
  • General application feedback
  • Employment options?
  • Zumba
  • Maybe a meet-up or two

I'd like to catch up soon enough and hopefully get back in the groove of checking Local Guides Connect on the daily. There isn't anything much I'm doing right now in terms of the Sydney Conquest or mapping since I don't have discounted concessional travel perks or a reliable public transport system anymore.

Anywho, let's get to it. What I'd miss?

Be well and enjoy your beautiful grand year of 2018 local guides!

27 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: I'm Back!

Welcome back @Briggs I'm back in the last couple of days too winding down after a massive youth event I helped organise. I've not tried to tackle my notifications yet 😋

Level 10

Hi @Briggs

How are you? How was your trip? 

Welcome back. 

A lot of things happen from new year, 

Really miss you on connect especially your food photos. ..

Just please write post about your trip. 

Have a nice day 

Connect Moderator

Welcome back again both of you @Briggs and @PaulPavlinovich.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

What a wonderful news to start the week wooow

@Briggs am very happy 😄

Welcome back Welcome Welcome wooow

Long time :-))))

Waiting your Wonderful Posts and Recaps wish you all success:-)))

Congratulations 🏆🏆🏆🏆 100M views 

Woooow

Stay tuned we have something special for you this week :-)))))

Level 7

Hi @Briggs Your post shows you've been up to a lot since your absence on connect. Glad you are back for good, and nice to have you. Plus the surprise @OSAMA mentioned. Stay woke to find out.:)

Level 10

Rather than missing anything here I think you have earned many things during your journey. But we've missed you here @Briggs. But the happy thing is that many posts are coming here from you soon. Don't you worry about the regular celebrations like new year, christmas etc. hahaha. Anyway I don't feel any late to wish so I wish you a happy and prosperous new year 2018.

Level 10

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome back. It feels great knowing I have a global community that backs me up that I can come to.

@PaulPavlinovich, you'd be surprised. About 120 of those notifications were people randomly liking the entirety of my 'FNA' thread (which was finally closed down). It's good to know the like brigade is still up and at them. Good work on the youth event.

@AkmalB, I'll definitely write about my experience in Japan. I'll try and make it short and sweet. Remember, I have too many food photos now so I will need to add them to a separate platform soon.

@OSAMA, you betcha! I'm glad you're ecstatic and happy. Here's to another year of being a local guide right! I'm excited to see what sort of special surprise you might have, hehehe.

@Charleybaits and @BishowvijayaP, you are definitely right. The last month has been a fulfilling month. I gained much more in life experience, and you gave me the better perspective to look towards rather than a void that doesn't even exist. Thanking you always!

Level 10

Welcome back @Briggs

It is wonderful to have you back! What a wonderful trip you have had and we are all looking forward to see all your super Google Maps picture shares and a great review here on Local Guides Connect

Welcome back Briggs.Welcome back Briggs.

We missed you. We are so happy to hear of your travels encountering  all sorts of wonders in Japan, and Asia including Singapore and the Phillipines. So cool and a magical experience you were so kind to share with us already when you connected with us on Google Hangouts while in the Phillipines. Plus connecting with a Local Guide in Japan too. 

Welcome bac@Briggs

We had a fabulous year with you last year and are ready for another spectacular year in 2018 having lots of fun LGC meetups, seeing Google Maps reviews and updates, plus LGC recaps and new articles tooWelcome back Briggs!Welcome back Briggs!

You have been an excellent influence, inspirational in all your accomplishments! Seeing you reaching Google Maps Local Guides  Level 10 in such a short time, wow you really are an achiever! 

Also getting to 100 million views is absolutely incredibly fantabulous, total awesomeness overload too! 

Meeting you on Sydney Google Maps Local Guides meetups was one of many fun events with you and there are many more to come. You are very kind and helpful and we appreciate all you do! 

Thank you for being you

Welcome bac@Briggs

Welcome back Briggs!Welcome back Briggs!

Welcome home Local Guides Connect Level 10 Briggs!Welcome home Local Guides Connect Level 10 Briggs!

Thank you for being you

Welcome bac@Briggs

Level 9

Welcome back @Briggs looking forward for upcoming posts about your travelling adventures 🙂
Nice pics @Justine2807