LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I like to help, and I love to be considered an LG mentor

Help, without asking anything in change, is something that could give you real joy.

That's why I'm in Local Guides program and I'm a contributor in Connect.
After two and more years in the program, I'm proud I have helped more than 500 local guides, and this is the badge I'm really proud of

I'm considered a mentor (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-I-have-earned-from-the-Local-Guides-Co...) by many Local Guides, and this is something that really touch my heart.

Another great kind of help I like to share is transform a travel log in something useful for other travellers (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Travel-and-Advice/1900-miles-9-days-three-states-My-adventure-...), and that's exactly what I try to do everytime someone asks for directions in Rome, Italy or in places I've visited.

And, yet, another kind of help it's trying to complete and modify maps after huge disasters: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Mapping-the-central-area-of-Italy-after-maj...

In 2016 I wrote a similar thread, I'm not able to find it anymore, but my thoughts weren't so clear, I'm here to help, I'm here because now I'm also a tree in Sri Lanka, because the world is smaller, after being a Local Guide for so long.

And these are the numbers, that I track since last year: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17F8eOXpEY0LvAsKCGR6rzhJVDaZDecdwg-E6vlSS5K8/edit?usp=sharing

From 19520979 to 54371678 views on my photos
From 2186 to 8839 photos

And counting...

What I am focusing on, now and the near future

- I want to complete some mapping projects (Rome Street Art and Movie Sets)
- I would like to start a cycle of Local Guides Awareness events in Italy, to help the Italia Local Guides community grow
- I want to join the Local Guides clean the world project with some events near Rome, in May and June

With this post, I'd receive the 500 post badge, the only one in Connect with this badge (excluding our super administrator @TraciC of course!).
And i set the record for badges, 45

Maybe this could be the #connectlive18 application post, or maybe another one could represent me at best, but It's not easy to choose a thread out of 500!

Thank you all for your support! Sorry, I can't tag all of you, I will tag some LG that have become part of my life: @DanielaBP@ErmesT@manulele81@OSAMA@ShafiulB@HelloSamsonR@MahabubMunna

Sincerely, Lucio
16 comments
Level 9

Re: I like to help, and I love to be considered an LG mentor

wooow woooow woooow 

this is one of the best achievements legend @LucioV 

yeah its just earned by ONE great @TraciC ,  

and ONE from Connect Local guides which is you

you are very helpful and supported and true Super Hero Not Just For Google 

for All of us , thank you very very much my Legend and mentor

All Respect All Respect

congrat legend

Connect Moderator

So you are running @LucioV.

So good, I will meet you next Sunday but I hope this time we will have the opportunity to be both also in San Francisco, next October.

Crossing my fingers

Ermes

Level 10

Awesome @LucioV. Thanks for sharing with us. I can't count the numbers of times you have helped and assisted me here on Connect, not to talk of others. The 500 solution badge says it all. You are a very dedicated Individual who loves to help and assist even when not called upon. Thanks for been a great part of this community Lucio

Level 9

so today its double 500 badges legend :)))

are you timing this historical moment ??? @LucioV😉

Level 9

Wonderful post @LucioV!

Thank you for including let's map green post here. Hope we can meet somewhere soon 🙂

Level 10

@LucioV Hope I can be there in San Francisco to finally meet you! 

Level 9

@LucioV

Don't miss the opportunity to Guides at Connect Live 18 . 

Everyone missed you last year . 

Apply for leave on that days .

Wish you all success and thanks for helping us in connect. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great milestone @LucioV 👏👏👏!!!

U are one of a kind true mentor, wish u a luck with your LG journey!

Level 8

Brother Lucio @LucioV

Great achievements and one of the most helpful hand on Connect without any doubt. 

Lucio, I wish you every success and I look forward to meet you in San Francisco. If not we meet in the Maldives. 😎🏝🏄🏿‍♂️🏄🏿‍♀️😀

Ciao