VijethS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I have free unlimited storage for High quality. But I don't know why I'm getting this alert. Help

Hi Moderators,

Please check this, I have got unlimited free storage for High quality. My 100 gb local guide perk got expired, But still why google photos occupying 35.9 gb when it is free unlimited storage ? Can something be done, like renewing the perk. 🙂

Capture.JPG

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: I have free unlimited storage for High quality. But I don't know why I'm getting this alert. Hel

Hi @VijethS, you must have had a setting with original size applied before. This filled up some 35 Gb of your storage. If you switch now to "high quality", it will not reduce the size of your previously uploaded photos but only of those uploaded from now on. 

You will need to reduce the size of your already uploaded photos, too, by going to this page (you may need to log in again) and pressing the "Recover storage" button (highlighted in yellow in the below screenshot). It will take a while until Googles servers compress your images (and resize them to max. 16 Mp if they are larger) but eventually you will gain a lot of storage back. 

recover-storage.png

View solution in original post

Level 10

Re: I have free unlimited storage for High quality. But I don't know why I'm getting this alert. Hel

Hi @VijethS

Please Refer Choose the upload size of your photos and videos. help article for more information.

Hope it helps you.

Thank You:)

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Hi, I have chosen the correct option, ie the free unlimited high quality. Don't know how the space got filled up.

Level 10
Solution

Hi @VijethS, you must have had a setting with original size applied before. This filled up some 35 Gb of your storage. If you switch now to "high quality", it will not reduce the size of your previously uploaded photos but only of those uploaded from now on. 

You will need to reduce the size of your already uploaded photos, too, by going to this page (you may need to log in again) and pressing the "Recover storage" button (highlighted in yellow in the below screenshot). It will take a while until Googles servers compress your images (and resize them to max. 16 Mp if they are larger) but eventually you will gain a lot of storage back. 

recover-storage.png

Level 9

Hello @VijethS please follow these instructions by @Csaba Previously I faced the same issue & solved using the method mentioned here. Hope you get your answer 🙂

@Csaba wrote:

recover-storage.png

Level 10

Thank you .. Now my issue is resolved.