LaraT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

I guess people think I'm crazy because of Local Guides

Seriously tho, I can feel people staring at me as I walk by with my phone in my hand taking pictures of everything to upload at Local Guides hahahaha.

I really try to be sneaky but I'm really shy, that's why some of my pics sucks 😞

But I'm getting really good at this walking + acting naturally + taking pictures thing 🙂

Am I the only one who feels this? People, just let us be weird in peace!

26 comments
Level 10

Re: I guess people think I'm crazy because of Local Guides

Same pinch. 😛 This happens to me also @LaraT. But no worries, nobody looks at us if we do nothing. So do something whether anyone notices or not. 😄

Level 8

I'm the same and I'm now trying to do 360 photos makes it even worse. I feel like a total werido trying to get pics inside bussiness.

Its a definite skill being able to walk + acting naturally + taking pictures

Level 10

@StuartM wrote:

I'm the same and I'm now trying to do 360 photos makes it even worse. I feel like a total werido trying to get pics inside bussiness.

Its a definite skill being able to walk + acting naturally + taking pictures

Actually, this could be not permitted: you always should ask for permission before take and upload a 360 inside a business 😉

Anyway, as long as you continue contribute @LaraT the better the experience will become! Don't be shy!

Level 8

@LucioV I'm not saying your wrong because I don't know any better but I do find it a bit odd.. Does that apply to normal photos as well? Because if it does I don't think many people ask bussiness owners. I would of thought bussiness would be very happy to have photos added to Google maps.

Level 8

@LucioV meant to say thanks for the reply ☺

Level 10

@StuartM wrote:

@LucioV I'm not saying your wrong because I don't know any better but I do find it a bit odd.. Does that apply to normal photos as well? Because if it does I don't think many people ask bussiness owners. I would of thought bussiness would be very happy to have photos added to Google maps.

When you are using your smartphone for a standard photo, you can avoid people and details that the business owner wants to keep away from photography. You focus on your dish, or on some details, and no one will never tell you that you were not allowed to shoot that photo.

When you shoot a 360, you are including EVERYTHING (eventually including you) in your photo; other guests, staff, personal details, plates, etc. 😉

Level 10

I stopped trying to hide it.  If I take a picture, I just do it, I take my time, do it in public, and don't care if someone sees me.

Someone seeing you taking a photo is a lot less creepy than someone seeing you try to secretly take a photo.

˚͜˚
Level 8

@LucioV firstly I think this is a great conversation about what is or isn't allowed.

I do not know how the rules/law could differentiate between regular photos and 360 in street view it can automatically blur faces. Depending how a 360 is captured you can aviod being in it, the easiest is a photo sphere on the phone, the other is getting out of the sight of the camera and finally taking 2 360 photos with yourself at 180 degrees from the first one.

Not trying to argue just discuss 😀

Level 8

@LucioV I will admit I am trying to get better at asking owners of bussiness, its just it feels a little odd asking can i take a photo for Google map. I will be starting to email companies in my area this week so that it can be arranged at times that suit them