SoniaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

I got the mail

Hi guys! 

Sorry for my late response to so many queries on the special mail. I was away on a wonderful tour with a bunch of Local Guides on the weekend and there was no network. 

We trekked about 12.57 km (up and down) to a falls in Moulvi Bazar, Bangladesh. And while trekking we had to walk through a stream of a water level up to my chest (it's monsoon here, so the continuous rain makes the streams turn into rivers at times). There were abundance of leeches in there. Well, we managed to save ourselves from them. But I am not writing this post to talk about my trekking trip now.

@OSAMA @LucioV @ErmesT @SanyaOdare, yes, I have received the mail from Google too. And after a 12 km walk, and a rain soaked day with attacked by 3/4 leeches, receiving this mail was like a reward to me for my hard work. I could not be happy more. And my fellow tour mates were happy about me too. I was out of network for the whole day, and right after I was logged back in, this notification mail made me scream, at the top of my voice, in happiness. It was beyond my expectation that I would REALLY get this. I mean, of course I was hoping to get it, but I was not really sure of it. I could not believe my luck.

Thanks to the selection team who thought I was eligible to attend the summit. I'm sure they have some expectations from these 150 participants as well. I just hope I don't let them down, while I keep making my country proud of me. Here is the screenshot of that special mail in my inbox:

Screenshot_20170519-223106.jpg

I still don't know who are all the people that received the golden pass to the city of Golden Gate, but my heartiest congratulations to them all! 

See you in San Francisco...... (finally I can say that with confidence. :P)

43 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: I got the mail

Congratulations @SoniaK!

Now I'm sure, Bangladesh will be well represented in the summit this time.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Congratulation @SoniaK

Level 10

@SoniaK Congratulations!

Level 10

Congrats @SoniaK

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator
Level 9

Congratulations @SoniaK, would love to meet you in SF!

Level 8

Congratulations @SoniaK. Great news.

Is there anyone else selected from Bangladesh?

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much guys.

Yes @Arif Hossaini, there are two more names that I heard of are selected from Dhaka. And interestingly, all three are girls. 🙂

Level 9

This is what we want to hear ,  😁

Congratulations 1000000 times @SoniaK

@SoniaK wrote:

Hi guys! 

Sorry for my late response to so many queries on the special mail. I was away on a wonderful tour with a bunch of Local Guides on the weekend and there was no network. 

We trekked about 12.57 km (up and down) to a falls in Moulvi Bazar, Bangladesh. And while trekking we had to walk through a stream of a water level up to my chest (it's monsoon here, so the continuous rain makes the streams turn into rivers at times). There were abundance of leeches in there. Well, we managed to save ourselves from them. But I am not writing this post to talk about my trekking trip now.

@OSAMA @LucioV @ErmesT @SanyaOdare, yes, I have received the mail from Google too. And after a 12 km walk, and a rain soaked day with attacked by 3/4 leeches, receiving this mail was like a reward to me for my hard work. I could not be happy more. And my fellow tour mates were happy about me too. I was out of network for the whole day, and right after I was logged back in, this notification mail made me scream, at the top of my voice, in happiness. It was beyond my expectation that I would REALLY get this. I mean, of course I was hoping to get it, but I was not really sure of it. I could not believe my luck.

Thanks to the selection team who thought I was eligible to attend the summit. I'm sure they have some expectations from these 150 participants as well. I just hope I don't let them down, while I keep making my country proud of me. Here is the screenshot of that special mail in my inbox:

Screenshot_20170519-223106.jpg

I still don't know who are all the people that received the golden pass to the city of Golden Gate, but my heartiest congratulations to them all! 

See you in San Francisco...... (finally I can say that with confidence. :P)