jing_12's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I felt so sorry, didn't understand the rule well, so Not Chosen to attend the summit

A Spiritual Enlightenment here 

At first I felt so sorry that I am totally new , My english is perfect, but I didn't understand the rule very well.  I has been working very hard on Google Map,and has been SO MUCH looking forward to could get good news for the Local Guide Sumit. but when I submit the 1-minute video in April. I didn't know about where is the Local Guides Connect. so I didnot submit something here. 

So probally that’s why I was not notified to attend the meeting. 

bur after entering here(discussion platform), I came to know everything (totally unknown before ). 

I was not able to selected because I didn’t  fully understand Where, How and What. And maybe I still need to improve myself. 

I could speak English influently and also Japanese and Chinese, a little Korean and now I learned to speak  punjabi language (an Indian and pakistan language )  I used to think “I am capable to be an EXCELLENT local guide” but now as looking back to  review myself. maybe I think too high of me

I felt very sorry not being notified any Good News! But I am also very glad that could learn more to evaluate my self.

It is pleasure to come here know new friends. —-If I could knew here earlier I would love to spend more time here. Even though I am so busy ,have so many thing to do, My time schedule was so full!

And I have a gratitude heart to hear back from Google Friends 

THANK all for Your response and caring 

Don’t hesitate to contact with me if You come to New York

Sincerely thanks to all 

jing zhao

The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
  • Each Local Guide must submit a post here on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

New York, 纽约州美国
35 comments
Level 7

Re: I felt so sorry, didn't understand the rule well, so Not Chosen to attend the summit

I am living in New York 6 hours trip to San Franscisco 

If any one would love come to new york and some part of North America

please connect with me. Because I have  been travelling aroud North America for 6 years. 

I knew every alley and every building of New York. 

I could tell storys about this "Big Apple City:

Would You like to come here to bite APPLE With ME?

Still I am still waiting the News about the Most excited and wonderful trip to San Franscisco

Connect Moderator

Re: I felt so sorry, didn't understand the rule well, so Not Chosen to attend the summit

@jing_12 There are 151 attendees selected among thousands of applicants, so please don't be too hard on yourself. That doesn't make you any less as a Local Guides. If Google has the capacity, I'm sure they would want to bring all amazing Local Guides all over the worlds, and there are thousands of them!

Now that you're learned more from this year's process, you will definitely do better for the next Connect Live!

Level 7

It is very nice to heart from You

Level 10

Not to worry @jing_12. Though I have 100+ posts on connect and fulfilled all the criteria but I am still on the same page. Its all about a bit luck and a hard effort as well. You are not alone and if anybody was not able to get mail then its because of 150 limitation. Some LGs got the mail and joined the connect later too. Best of luck for the next time. See you on connect frequently in upcoming days. 😃

Level 7

"After every Storm, There is a rainbow. if You have eyes, You will find it. if you have wisdom, You will create it."

I had been enduring lots of life hardships So I cherished every present moment and search the beauty of life with my eyes.

For me life is a process of constantly learning, Knowing (learn others and myself) and Purifying. I will keep working on "Growing,Sharing, Enjoying" try my effort to make every beautiful moment into eternal.

Since I am on the way of sharing beauty with others . I will never stop and work on harder to find 

if any chosen-guide could not attend this year’ GLOBAL GOOGLE GUIDE SUMMIT 

please put me on the first substitute candidate 

I would like to join as one of new member of “Google Family”

also I could pay the air fee on My own

Level 10

@jing_12 wrote:

I felt so sorry that I am totally new , My english is perfect, but I didn't understand the rule very well.  I has been working very hard on Google Map,and has been looking forward so much to get good news as the Local Guide Sumit. but when I submit the 1-minute video in April. I didn't know about where is the Local Guides Connect. so I didnot submit something here. 

So probally that’s why I was not noticed to attend the meeting. 

bur after entering here(discussion platform), I came to know everything (unnoticed before ). 

But, it is not other's problem. it's because I didnot fully understand Where, How and What. 

I speak perfect English, Japanese and Chinese, a little Korean and Indian punjabi words.  personally speaking I think I am capable to be an EXCELLENT local guide. 

I felt very sorry not being noticed any Good News!

The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
  • Each Local Guide must submit a post here on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

Hello @jing_12

Thank you for sharing this information here and a special welcome to the Local Guides community called Connect. It's nice to meet you here and thank you for joining us here.

I'm sorry that you didn't get to know about the Connect community before submitting your application for Connect Live 😞 Please don't be sad or hard to yourself, like @BishowvijayaP and @iyudhi noted, it's about luck and a hard work. If you didn't get in it's because of the 150 limitation. Your story is an inspiration to me today and keep up the good work of guiding people through Maps.

You may want to start by introducing yourself to the Connect community by following the link here.

Since you're new on the Community, please read the Local Guides program rules and Local Guides community policyFirst, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community. Go through the helpful articles in the Help Desk. Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here. Open the "Please read: Posting in" each board: General Discussion, Travel and AdviceLet's Meet-UpPhotos and DiscoveriesPhotographyMapping Your World , Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received answer(s) already. Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides. Share your discoveries and experiences. Sure you can find very wonderful people like you and interesting information here. Please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 10

@jing_12 wrote:

I am living in New York 6 hours trip to San Franscisco 

If any one would love come to new york and some part of North America

please connect with me. Because I have  been travelling aroud North America for 6 years. 

I knew every alley and every building of New York. 

I could tell storys about this "Big Apple City:

Would You like to come here to bite APPLE With ME?

Still I am still waiting the News about the Most excited and wonderful trip to San Franscisco

🙂

Level 7

pretty busy working at office. I would love to see any new friends from All Around the world. 

Actually I am working at travel agency. I am Travel Guide No matter here Internet and Real Life 

I am pretty interest in Advertisement on Google. 

So except the sightseeing . we could have lots of things to talk

Level 7

Thank You for Your response

i felt much more better now. otherwise I didn't feel well for not selecting