Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I do not receive milestone emails!

Hi

When your photo views reach to a new great number or the likes of your reviews reach to one new number, Google email you about this and this is kind of encouragement. But I don't know why I do not receive such emails. Although I receive Google Local Guides news emails, I never received a milestone email from Google Maps.

Even I've checked and changed settings in Local Guides homepage in many ways and in different times but no effect.

Is there any help in this case?

@LuisRG

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
6 comments
Level 10

Re: I do not receive milestone emails!

Hi @Amiran I've just discovered that this could be because milestone emails are triggered by thumbs up on your reviews.

To confirm this, please, share a review, I will thumb up (if deserves) and we will see if you will receive the next email round 😉

Level 8

Hi @Amiran,

Did you receive other emails from Local Guides at all?

My recent ones are:

1.  Thanks for your recent photos

2.  By request:  lists on Google Maps for desktop

3.  Give a photo tour of your favorite store

4.  4 new badges to celebrate top contributors

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Amiran, you never received milestone emails but you do receive news emails from us - correct?

Just in case - can you please check your spam folder or search your inbox for emails from "local guides" and "google maps".

When you reach milestone, it may take up to 72 hours to begin receiving Local Guides emails.

>Even I've checked and changed settings in Local Guides homepage in many ways and in different times but no effect.

Can you please try unchecking everything, wait a while then re-check the options again to see if that work.

Level 10

Hi dear @LucioV, In fact as I saw, I've most thumbs up on reviews in Iran but I never received any email in this case nor for photo views 😄

Level 10

Thanks dear @YK1001, Yes I receive emails about Local Guides news for example:

* By request:  lists on Google Maps for desktop

*  Give a photo tour of your favorite store

*  4 new badges to celebrate top contributors

But not personalized emails like my photo views or thumbs up on my reviews.

Level 10

Dear @Atsukot, Thanks for your attention.

Yes. I receive Local Guides news like "4 new badges email" and so on but I never received any milestone email although other users in Iran receive such emails and this is only my account issue.

I've also checked other folders like spam folder but there was no related thing in them.

As I told I never received any milestone email since joining Local Guides and this is surely more then 72 hours 😄 although currently my photos has nearly 3M views.

Can you please try unchecking everything, wait a while then re-check the options again to see if that work.

I mentioned that I've tried it in many ways even I've waited one week to change settings again but no effect. Anyway I'll again do your suggestion and will notify you about the result.

Thanks again