PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

I deleted a review today... for the first time ever

Today I deleted a review for the first time ever. Why? Because the business owner approached someone I work with and asked them where I work, where do I live, how do I commute each day. This is beyond creepy to the extent that I'm considering taking out a Police order on the person as its clear they're trying to track me down (not hard mind you, I'm in the phone book) and I'm concerned from a safety perspective.

This is weirdly obsessive behaviour - I thought for a long time about writing the review in the first place because the person has issues of some kind as they've clearly been obsessing over the review for a long time.

Since that time they've done enough research to claim their business and to know how to do a bit of digging.

Of course my photos are still there but I'll leave them in place for the moment.

I've captured a screenshot for future in case he attempts any kind of legal action.

Normally I would just shrug this off and leave the review in place to help warn other people but in this case I'm creeped out and have removed it.

Frankston VIC, Australia
14 comments
Level 10

Re: I deleted a review today... for the first time ever

@PaulPavlinovich In your shoes, I would have done that as well. It's scary to know this and other cases others have shared in Connect. Keep us updated on this.

Level 9

So sad hear @PaulPavlinovich if any legal issue update with us ...

Level 10

Wow that's really crossing the line. 

Has anyone else encountered similar troubling instances? If so, we might need to consider some privacy measures. But conversely, part of the authenticity of our reviews come from having real user accounts and names.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 9

Sorry to hear about your ordeal @PaulPavlinovich

One should be careful with mischievous business owners.

Nigeria  
Level 8

Wow. That is beyond creepy @PaulPavlinovich

This was a fear i always had when i started putting up reviews as a local guide. Hope this doesn't escalate.

Connect Moderator

I've left thousands of reviews and only this once have I had any problem. I'll chock this up to experience @Tula @AustinCO @JulienH

If the guy escalates in any creepy/physical sense he'll discover I know how the system works :).

He can't escalate on a legal sense because my review was factual and without emotion and expressed my own personal opinion. There's nothing he can do about that apart from improve his business :).

Level 10

Almost my situation dear @PaulPavlinovich, that's why every now and then I put my profile as private in Google Maps, to prevent it from doing more damage with my other reviews or report all the photos!

Level 10

This is so bad @PaulPavlinovich.

In the past I've received some pressure to remove a review, from a guy that owns a company.

He even refused to pay a collegue after knowing we were friends.

The review is still there, but this is totally different business; this is stalking, and you have been wise.

In Italy, anyway, screenshots have not legal value if not verified by a lawyer.

I hope all this thing will end in the best way for you.

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you stay safe

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog