Trail_blazer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I can't login acount

Hello specially Moderators of Connect. I can't sign in into my android google account in my android cellphone. I noticed no activities around 3days back nothing was refreshing from mails,youtube,playstore to gmap contribution. I thought there is some syncing issue. Then I tried solve sync issue but of no help. I changed password of my google account and removed account from android but when I sign in , after taking password, accept term n condition, it says YOUR ACCOUNT WASN'T Added, TRY again. I have 2 Android devices running on (oreo and 5.1) but both facing same issue. Google account working perfectly on my laptop in web browser. It's just mobile. I'm totally pissed and I have no idea who to ask and who can solve it. It might not be the right place but I'm regular user of maps and I'm badly disturbed by this issue. 

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: I can't login acount

Hi @Trail_blazer,

For Google Account access issues, the best place to get help is:

Google Account Help Center - Google Support

As you can access your account in Browser but not in Android, then you should goto:

Android Help Center - Google Support

I wish everything will get resolved for you soon.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @Trail_blazer,

For Google Account access issues, the best place to get help is:

Google Account Help Center - Google Support

As you can access your account in Browser but not in Android, then you should goto:

Android Help Center - Google Support

I wish everything will get resolved for you soon.

Level 10

Thanks Sampson there is hardly any option to report my kind of problem though I chose "disabled account" which they replied within a minute on my different email ID saying your ID is active just login in again. But my problem is I can't put my ID in my Android device. I have 2 devices both are rooted and I know root causes problem initially but that root problem isn't relevant now. My phone is Android and without google ID an Android device is like a symbian device. Can't use most of the features. Anyways thanks for your suggestion, gonna try more options.

Level 8

Hi @Trail_blazer,

As you can access your account with Browser, it is very unlikely you have problem with the Account itself.

So please continue to seek help from the Android help center / community.

Level 10

Solved my problem, There was issue with hosts file that was causing the login problem. Can't believe I wasted my so much time on such a petty issue, do tag me next time somebody face a login in issue with an Android device.

Level 8

Hi @Trail_blazer,

I am glad to hear that your issues are now resolved.

Thank you very much for updating us back here.  Your discovery will help us Local Guides that might face the same issue in future.

Level 9

Ooops! @Trail_blazer you have reported a real critical problem. I think there is a android to hardware issue.

Can you able to access play store now ? I think not.

@YK1001already give you possible recovery method.I hope the problem will be resolve soon.

Stay connected.

Level 8

Hi @RonneBD,

May be your post has been delayed somehow, according to the update from @Trail_blazer, the issues is resolved by adjusting the hosts file in his Android devices.

Level 10

@RonneBDIt's not a hardware issue it's very common with rooted devices and the devices that have blocked ads by blocking servers simply by editing hosts file (Under> emulated>etc>hosts). This file normally contains this one line 127.0.0.1 localhost so in case you can't login into your play store/google account or face unreliable internet connection or having difficulty with syncing then problem lies with this file. And simple deletion of rest of the crap lines or mere addition of mentioned line will solve the problem. But one needs a rooted device as without admin privileges hosts file can't be edited. other possible solutions are clearing cache and data of play store and play services or one can update and downgrade to a stable version.