pushkin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I am running out of 15GB space

Hai, am Level 8 Local Guide from Mysuru Karnataka INDIA, now am running out of 15GB of space to upload photos on maps. Last year I have 100GB offer from google for completing Level 4. Now 100GB space its expired. Please resolve and help on this storage issue to continue my Local Guide journey.

Regards,

Pushkin KM

12 comments
Level 10

Re: Hai, am Level 8 Local Guide, I am running out of 15GB space

Hi @pushkin

You may be aware, on Google Photos, you may store unlimited Photos by converting to High Resolution Quality, refer following link,

https://plus.google.com/+GooglePhotos/posts/HM2E26CvyAf

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Congratulations @pushkin for level 8

Please follow step @VijayDesai suggested @@@and that will resolve your problem

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Hi @AmbrishVarshney bhai

Thanks for tagging.

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

@pushkin

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 7450 files (photos and videos) stored

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

1. How Google Photos works with Google Drive
  2. Check your Drive storage
  3. Info about upload size
  4. Clear Google Drive space & increase storage
  5. Google photos setting

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

Level 10

Perfect, straight forward and extremely clear answers, my dear @ErmesT

Please HELP me with straight answer: (searched a lot, but I am not getting a definite answer!)

Question:

Practically, how to handle the 1,000 Photos "LIMIT" in LG Connect, please,

Thanks in advance for a responsible "ANSWER"

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Hi, @TravellerG

There are several ways for managing your photos, well explained in this post by @TraciC

Tips for Uploading Images to Connect to Stay Within Limit

If you have already reached the limit, or you want to make a cleanup:

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Hope this can help you

Ermes

Level 10

Thank you dear friend, I am really fascinated by quick & effective replies, many times,

Appreciate it and admire it - I will study these two links in detail and shall get back to you.

God bless you.

Incidentally, I also need a HELP, dear friend, @ErmesT, please

As you know, as a photographer, I have a huge collection of photos and from that, I have uploaded, almost 40,000 photos in Google Maps (with a Viewer base of 22 Million) to more than 1,000 reviews.

QUESTION:

1. How to view / know which are all the photos, I have uploaded to a particular destination / review ?

2. At a specific / particular destination, how to share my photos to others, please - sorry, if my questions are premature - I am facing these...

Thanks, my dear friend,

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Hi @TravellerG

Unfortunately I am not the right person to reply to your last question.

Also, to avoid to go out of topic and for other users to find help from this conversation, please edit the title of your reply.

I am asking to @NadyaPN to separate both your question, (not related to the subject of the post) in two separate posts on the "how to" section

Thank you for your attention

Ermes

Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT for your information. I think most of the local guides are facing this storage problem.