DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Hyderabad LG's Dec'18 Heritage walk meet-up video

In December 2018 (the month gone by), enthusiastic LG's from Hyderabad met at the famous Quli Qutb Shah tombs for a heritage walk meet-up. It was hosted by our friend Naren. (you would have seen his recap post by now).

I've tried to compile a simple video to showcase our meet & the grandeur of Quli Qutb Shah tombs. I've kept the video simple with no jazz.

The Qutb Shahi Tombs are located in the Ibrahim Bagh (garden precinct), close to the famous Golconda Fort in Hyderabad, India. They contain the tombs and mosques built by the various kings of the Qutb Shahi dynasty.

Please do view the video & share your thoughts. Thank you.

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Hyderabad LG's Dec'18 Heritage walk meet-up video

Hi @DanielTh,

Such a great video, thanks for sharing.

The place looks super interesting, would you like to tell a bit more about it? Is it open every time of the year? I'm sure you had a great time, I can't wait to see your next meet-up.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@Petra_M Yes its open all round the year. Entry ticket is very economical. Its maintained by the Archaeological dept. of Government. 

Quli Qutb Shah tombs area contains the tombs and mosques built by the various kings of the Qutb Shahi dynasty. Unlike any other tombs, these were decorated tombs and during the Qutb Shahi period, these tombs were held in great veneration.

The tombs form a large cluster and stand on a raised platform. The tombs are domed structures built on a square base surrounded by pointed arches, a distinctive style that blends Persian, Pashtun and Hindu forms. The tombs are structures with intricately carved stonework and are surrounded by landscaped gardens.

The tombs were once furnished with carpets, chandeliers and velvet canopies on silver poles.

This is worth a visit when you come to Hyderabad.

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the information @DanielTh.

I'm impressed about history and this place is wonderful.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!