TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Huka Prawn Park

I wanted to share with you a place I often went with my daughter when she was young and still now in her 20s. We lived in Taupo for four years.

If you visit new Zealand, try and get to Taupo and give this a go. https://goo.gl/maps/PoUJttvYQBT2. You can cook your prawns at the park if you want.

Have a look at their website for more interesting information and history.

20 October 201820 October 2018

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Taupo, New Zealand
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Huka Prawn Park

Hello @TheEagleEye,

Thanks for sharing!

So you can catch the prawn and cook it on the spot? That sounds amazing, and it doesn't get more fresh than that. 

I will keep this place in mind, if I ever visit New Zealand. 

Is there anything else in the area you would recommend seeing if you're in the neighbourhood? 

I am letting you know that I have relabelled your post to Travel, as it fits better here. For more information about the Local Stories label, feel free to take a look at Welcome to the Local Stories Board.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @MortenSI. The Hukafalls Jet is right next door and the Huka Falls very close. There is so much outdoor living to do in Taupo. I hope you can get there some day.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

I want to see it all @TheEagleEye!

I have always wanted to see New Zealand, especially for the bungee jumps. However I want to combine it with a visit to Australia, and that takes a bit more planning.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

I agree @MortenSI, you may as well combine them both. If you enjoy the outdoors, New Zealand i believe is the best of the two. I like the cities of Australia when visiting.

That was exactly my thoughts @TheEagleEye

I would like to experience Sydney and travel up the eastern coast, but I'm not completely sure about what to see yet. 

Regarding New Zealand I think the obvious choice is to go from Auckland to Queenstown or the other way around. 

What is your opinion on that? Do you have a different route that would be better if you drive on your own? 

Level 10

@MortenSI, Sydney up the coast as far as you feel like travelling is a very nice trip.

Auckland to Wellington, and then across the ferry to South Island down to Queenstown is very nice trip. West Coast of South Island down to Queenstown is a great trip.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your advice @TheEagleEye!

I have taken notes, and hope to make use of them soon.