AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How to write helpful reviews for parents

Thanks to helping to write helpful reviews for parents! 

@AriMar, with Local Guides from New Caledonia, we've find another way to be helpul with parents and we made a kids playground map and start to put infos and photos about places:

Kids playground in Noumea New CaledoniaKids playground in Noumea New Caledonia

Keep on guiding!

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Google Editor

@SuzanneBozz This is extremely helpful. Thank you for sharing this information with everyone! 

Google Editor

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear it was challenging for you to find great kid-friendly places to take your children. Do you have an additional tips for information people should add to help? 

Also, if you have the time, creating a list of places you now know to be kid-friendly could help other parents in your area. 

Level 1

@Rich-r good idea!

Connect Moderator

@AriMar you chose a topic so close to my heart! I take my children almost everywhere with me, day and night, and take special joy in noting which locations have good facilities for kids. Some businesses go out of their way to be accommodating to little ones. In my town, the a lot of the breweries keep popcorn and board games on hand so that families can come in together and enjoy themselves. When I see notes in reviews aimed at parents, it makes my day! Thank you for posting!

Connect Moderator

This is very interesting and highly informative. . @AriMar thanks for the inside...

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

@AriMar this is a great reminder for local guides. Information regarding kids friendly places are relevant on our society. Parents look out for nice environment for spend time with their children and having such information will greatly help in decision making.

Having children in places where smoking is allowed can be harmful and I have seen such scenario but it is the duty of the management to ensure adequate information to all. Local Guides,of course, can go further providing their  experiences too. 

Great write-up. 

Xoxo

Emeka 

💚 from Nigeria 

@AriMar wrote:

Deciding on a place to go or an activity to do can be a challenge for any group, but it can be particularly stressful for families with young kids. They want to go to great places that can easily accommodate their kids and make them feel welcome. However, the information they need isn’t always easy to find.

Parents traveling to unfamiliar places with children know that planning is key. Many families look to reviews Local Guides like you share on Google Maps to get the guidance they need. By including information about kid-friendly features in your reviews, parents can make better-informed decisions about the places they go.

Caption: A photo of a child playing at Kidzoona, an indoor amusement park in Bogor, Indonesia. (Local Guide Hasan Sadiq)Caption: A photo of a child playing at Kidzoona, an indoor amusement park in Bogor, Indonesia. (Local Guide Hasan Sadiq)

If you’re not a parent yourself, you may not know what to look for. So, here are few questions to ask yourself when writing helpful reviews for parents.

“Does this hotel accommodate families with children?”

Hotels that easily accommodate kids have cribs, high chairs, and rooms with plenty of space. Some of the best hotels for families are also in safe, central areas close to local attractions, restaurants, and shops.

For families who plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel, it’s important to have exciting things for kids to do on the premises. A shallow pool, water slide, game room, or on-site activities for kids can make all the difference. At the pool, take note of whether or not there’s swimming equipment for children and a lifeguard on duty.

In addition, look for accessibility features such as elevators and ramps. This information is always important to add to your reviews for people who use wheelchairs, but it’s helpful for parents with strollers, too.

Caption: A photo of two red high chairs. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of two red high chairs. (Getty Images)

“Does this bathroom have a changing table?”

Access to changing tables in public restrooms is extremely important for parents who have babies in diapers. Next time you’re in a restroom at a restaurant, store, park, or any public place, look for a changing table. If you see one, include that information in your review.

“Is this restaurant kid-friendly?”
Restaurants that are kid-friendly provide high chairs, kid-proof cups, and a kid’s menu with options for picky eaters. Many parents hope to see healthy dishes on the kid’s menu, too, so note in your review if there are any options that include fresh fruit and vegetables. Some restaurants also offer crayons, activity pages, and games to keep kids occupied at the table. All of this helps to make for a more enjoyable experience for the entire family.

Next time you review a restaurant, add information about family-friendly features. Be sure to include the keyword “kid-friendly” now that you can search reviews on Google Maps.

Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1) Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1)Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1) Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1)

“What makes this attraction fun for kids?”

Whether you’re at a museum, amusement park, or any other local attraction, take note of what makes it appealing for kids. In your review, include points of interest for families such as interactive exhibits, upcoming events, or activities designed for kids. You should also add information about age limits and discounts for families.

These are just a few of the many things to look out for when writing reviews for parents, but we hope this gets you thinking about ways you can help guide them in your reviews. In the comments, tell us: what are some of the best kid-friendly places in your area?

@AriMar wrote:

Deciding on a place to go or an activity to do can be a challenge for any group, but it can be particularly stressful for families with young kids. They want to go to great places that can easily accommodate their kids and make them feel welcome. However, the information they need isn’t always easy to find.

Parents traveling to unfamiliar places with children know that planning is key. Many families look to reviews Local Guides like you share on Google Maps to get the guidance they need. By including information about kid-friendly features in your reviews, parents can make better-informed decisions about the places they go.

Caption: A photo of a child playing at Kidzoona, an indoor amusement park in Bogor, Indonesia. (Local Guide Hasan Sadiq)Caption: A photo of a child playing at Kidzoona, an indoor amusement park in Bogor, Indonesia. (Local Guide Hasan Sadiq)

If you’re not a parent yourself, you may not know what to look for. So, here are few questions to ask yourself when writing helpful reviews for parents.

“Does this hotel accommodate families with children?”

Hotels that easily accommodate kids have cribs, high chairs, and rooms with plenty of space. Some of the best hotels for families are also in safe, central areas close to local attractions, restaurants, and shops.

For families who plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel, it’s important to have exciting things for kids to do on the premises. A shallow pool, water slide, game room, or on-site activities for kids can make all the difference. At the pool, take note of whether or not there’s swimming equipment for children and a lifeguard on duty.

In addition, look for accessibility features such as elevators and ramps. This information is always important to add to your reviews for people who use wheelchairs, but it’s helpful for parents with strollers, too.

Caption: A photo of two red high chairs. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of two red high chairs. (Getty Images)

“Does this bathroom have a changing table?”

Access to changing tables in public restrooms is extremely important for parents who have babies in diapers. Next time you’re in a restroom at a restaurant, store, park, or any public place, look for a changing table. If you see one, include that information in your review.

“Is this restaurant kid-friendly?”
Restaurants that are kid-friendly provide high chairs, kid-proof cups, and a kid’s menu with options for picky eaters. Many parents hope to see healthy dishes on the kid’s menu, too, so note in your review if there are any options that include fresh fruit and vegetables. Some restaurants also offer crayons, activity pages, and games to keep kids occupied at the table. All of this helps to make for a more enjoyable experience for the entire family.

Next time you review a restaurant, add information about family-friendly features. Be sure to include the keyword “kid-friendly” now that you can search reviews on Google Maps.

Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1) Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1)Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1) Caption: A photo of a room at the Children's Museum of Manhattan filled with tables, chairs, and games for kids. (Pegeman 1)

“What makes this attraction fun for kids?”

Whether you’re at a museum, amusement park, or any other local attraction, take note of what makes it appealing for kids. In your review, include points of interest for families such as interactive exhibits, upcoming events, or activities designed for kids. You should also add information about age limits and discounts for families.

These are just a few of the many things to look out for when writing reviews for parents, but we hope this gets you thinking about ways you can help guide them in your reviews. In the comments, tell us: what are some of the best kid-friendly places in your area?

Level 8

@AriMar, wow it's a great writings. I never thought it so. I think it will open eyes all like me.

Level 8

Wow! Very imformative. I like how you explained about adding key words in a review. 

These tips definitely gonna help me writing my next reviews in a better way. 

Thank you (: