AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

How to write helpful reviews for fitness fans

Caption: A photo of a room filled with barbells and exercise balls at Joe’s Basecamp Gym in Brookvale, Australia. (Local Guide Henry Talbot)Caption: A photo of a room filled with barbells and exercise balls at Joe’s Basecamp Gym in Brookvale, Australia. (Local Guide Henry Talbot)Passionate about health and fitness? You can help others develop and discover their love for exercise by sharing great reviews on Google Maps. Whether you’re impressed with the gym at a hotel or enjoy running trails at a local park every morning, your reviews can help guide others to great places to work up a sweat.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when writing reviews for fitness fans.

Share how clean you think the facilities are  

Germs, bacteria, and viruses can easily spread in damp environments, so cleanliness is an important factor to consider when working out. Many gyms provide wipes and surface cleaners for people to use before and after the workout. In your review, praise places that are well-maintained. You can even ask management about how they keep their place  clean.

Call out specific types of equipment

Share what kind of equipment you can find at a gym or fitness studio---and what shape it’s in. If machines are often broken or not working properly, mention that, too.

Caption: A photo of several ellipticals lined up next to each other facing a window at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre in London, U.K. (Local Guide James Morgenstern)Caption: A photo of several ellipticals lined up next to each other facing a window at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre in London, U.K. (Local Guide James Morgenstern)

Include tips about the fitness classes offered--and your favorite instructors  

Wherever you are on your fitness journey, joining a workout class can be a great way to improve your workouts. In your review, include the types of classes offered at the gym and recommend great instructors.

Mention what makes the place special

Does the gym have a pool or sauna? Do they only play hits from the ‘90s? Are there tons of classes for people with a wide range of fitness levels? Share this information in your review.  

Caption: A photo of a swimming pool at Equinox South Bay in Hawthorne, California, USA with lounge chairs lined up at the side. Yellow swim fins, a black drawstring bag, and a water bottle can be seen by the edit of the pool. (Local Guide Steve Chen)Caption: A photo of a swimming pool at Equinox South Bay in Hawthorne, California, USA with lounge chairs lined up at the side. Yellow swim fins, a black drawstring bag, and a water bottle can be seen by the edit of the pool. (Local Guide Steve Chen)

Do you have a place where you love to exercise? Have you created a list of the best places to work up a sweat in your city? Tell us where in the comments below.

9 comments
Level 6

Re: How to write helpful reviews for fitness fans

thank you share it 

Level 9

Nice post for those who are fitness fans @AriMar we don't have fitness center in my village,,I will try to update some information about it...

Level 9

i like all the tips @AriMar , i am a big fan of fitness and sports

really valuable tips specially for someone wan to join the fitness center 

1.Share how clean you think the facilities are

2.Call out specific types of equipment

3.Include tips about the fitness classes offered--and your favorite instructors  

4.Mention what makes the place special

Level 6

Great topic. Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @AriMar

@@ Thanks for heping to write useful review for fitness fans I the fitness center too much and take care of the points you mentioned as excercising equipment are of big range the most appropriate should be available at standard fitness center also timing, training and tips are important.FB_IMG_1536941806698.jpg

Level 9

Thank you @AriMar for your post.

Honestly i have some instruments at my home, so basically i'm doing exercise at home.

I have Dumbbells, Barbells, Walking machine etc..

Level 3

thank you very mutch for the information 

Level 8

Gracias. Consejos muy útiles. Lo intentaré aplicar en todas mis reseñas.

Level 5

Hi, 

I have been taking gym reviews to the next level and started doing a walk through of the gym, followed by a sample of my workout in that gym, where I not only use/test the equipment but also taking other things into consideration e.g. environment. I end the video with pros and cons of that gym with regards to the 'Average Joe' kind of guy.

I definitely think this is the next step for gym reviews and hope it follows suit soon.

If you want to check the videos out you can type 'man Vs mind gym review' into YouTube. Have a look and let me know what you think by like/dislike or leaving a comment.

Cheers,

Man Vs Mind