AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

How to write helpful bakery reviews

Caption: A photo of a slice of rainbow cake on a white plate at Bread World in Kerala, India. (Local Guide ananthu sajeev)Caption: A photo of a slice of rainbow cake on a white plate at Bread World in Kerala, India. (Local Guide ananthu sajeev)

Recently, Google Moderators @VasT and @InaS wrote about their experience visiting three different bakeries in their area. I loved learning more about their experiences at each one and wanted to offer a few tips for writing your own bakery reviews on Google Maps.

Tell others about the menu and its specialties

Is there a variety of both sweet and savory treats? Do they bake the best bread in the area? Do they serve up a unique concoction everyone should try at least once? In your reviews, give others recommendations on what to order.

Caption: A photo of trays filled with cookies for sale at Charlotte Bakery in Miami Beach, Florida, USA. (Local Guide Eytan Davidovits)Caption: A photo of trays filled with cookies for sale at Charlotte Bakery in Miami Beach, Florida, USA. (Local Guide Eytan Davidovits)

Don’t forget to mention the beverage options

Some bakeries serve coffee that’s just as good as their croissants. At other places, it’s best to get your caffeine fix elsewhere. Tell others what they can expect from the drinks you’ve tried.

Add information about options for people with dietary restrictions

If the bakery serves vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free options, be sure to mention that in your review. Use hashtags to make this info even easier to find.

Caption: A photo of breads for sale on display at Orwashers Bakery in New York City. (Local Guide Alessandro Frati)Caption: A photo of breads for sale on display at Orwashers Bakery in New York City. (Local Guide Alessandro Frati)

Describe the seating options  

Some bakeries have tons of seating inside while others have none at all. Let others know whether they can expect to take their orders to go or not.

Add a helpful tip

When’s the best time to pick up your baked goods? Do you need to order custom cakes two weeks in advance? Include any advice that could help a first-time customer.

Caption: A photo of a hand holding two halves of a chocolate chip walnut cookie from Levain Bakery in New York City. (Local Guide Bernard Lin)Caption: A photo of a hand holding two halves of a chocolate chip walnut cookie from Levain Bakery in New York City. (Local Guide Bernard Lin)

Snap a great photo for your review

Use these tips to take amazing photos the next time you’re presented with a can’t-miss dessert.  

What’s the best bakery review you’ve ever written? Link to it in the comments below!

28 comments
Level 8

Re: How to write helpful bakery reviews

Hi, @AriMar 

thanks for the great tips!

I think, i do it quite well, but i see, that there are still some things, i can do it to improve!

I'm always happy, when i get inspiration to develop and get better!

I will be glad, if my reviews will be even more helpful!

Warm greetings from Germany,

Jacky

Level 8

@AriMar 

Sorry, ich forgot the link!

https://goo.gl/maps/9tw4VuHJyrD2

I do not know, if this is my best baker review, but it is my second newest.

Otherwise i would have to search nearly in 200 reviews tonight.

Editing of my comment was not possible, whenever i wanted to insert the link, the text scrolled quickly up.

Level 9

Nice post about bakery reviews @AriMar most helpful tips for us,thank you for sharing with us....

Level 10

Hello @AriMar 

Thank you for presenting us an idea💡.

Anyway, I got smiled unexpectedly to Rainbow Millefeil Cake😆

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Google Editor

@JacquelineB This is a great review! I like that you included info about the variety of treats you can find there, the helpful staff, and that they offer decaffeinated cafe. 🙂  

Level 6

Terima kasih atas tipsnya salam kenal dari Indonesia

Level 6

makasih atas tipsnya salam dari indonesia .salM KENAL

Level 10

@AriMar  could you please look into my post of 'not able to add photos for newly added places'

I'm unable to tag you in my post, hence putting up this msg.

Level 3

Thanks for the wonderful tips, will be a ready reckoner