Raphael-Mahumane's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to upload photos/videos of street markets

Hello Local Guides, I am touched by a recent post which is about How to take photos at street markets, I am aware that to upload a photo you need a physical address where that photo will be uploaded to which is a location or a business. Normally markets may have few shops or stalls inside but mostly there will be more people inside  displaying their products on sale not inside a separate room but in one big hall, for those outside they may be on the side of the walk way or pavement, sometimes products will be displayed from the back of a vehicle on the side of the road under a tree.

Now my problem is that in a market where by those who sell are inside one big hall photos can be uploaded under the name of that market and those who got separate rooms inside the hall having their own listing will be uploaded under that address. The problem start when you want to take photos to upload for those outside the market, on the street, pavement, walk ways or under the tree, some of them they sometimes sell outside a clothing shop at the entrance. when I want to upload those photos where can I upload them, to which address? Anyone can please help me out. 

Thank you.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to upload photos/videos of street markets

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane,

Thank you for reaching with us.

We really appreciate your shared thoughts. 

However, due to the requirement of a permanent address in order to upload photos, for which street vendors may fall short on that end. Such businesses are with mobility and Google Maps need specific details in order for the Local Guides to provide reviews or photo.

I have moved your post to How-tos, as it would be more appropriate there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane,

Thank you for reaching with us.

We really appreciate your shared thoughts. 

However, due to the requirement of a permanent address in order to upload photos, for which street vendors may fall short on that end. Such businesses are with mobility and Google Maps need specific details in order for the Local Guides to provide reviews or photo.

I have moved your post to How-tos, as it would be more appropriate there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

@Raphael-Mahumane in my opinion a "market" is not just inside a building, it's the entire area, both inside and outside. And in many markets, there will always be many stalls and peddlers outside the market, and could be considered part of the main market. So, if it's around the market area and people who visit the market will also buy from these small stalls, I would say just add to the main market.

If it's too far away, don't add them. For example along most roads there could be small vendors or carts, but usually we don't add these photos to Maps unless they represent a business on Maps.

Others can share their views on how best they have done it previously.

Level 9

Thank you for your feedback @sonnyNg I get the point.

Level 9

Thank you for your suggestion  at @StephenAbraham I always think of that as a solution as they obviously around the same area and for them to be outside is because there is no more enough space for them to display inside, but I just needed to confirm if there is another way of doing this or not. 

Thank you once again for you all for showing me the light!!!

Level 7

Identifying Street vendors and food trucks easily

There are a lot of street vendors who don't have a shop or fixed location where they do business. Street vendors, food trucks are more popular and visited and most liked by the people. So there must be a separate category especially for the street vendors and food trucks.

#GoogleAdministrators @googlemaps

Re: Identifying Street vendors and food trucks easily

Hi @YashwanthAVY21,

Thanks for reaching us.

Regarding your inquiry, please make sure to check How to upload photos/videos of street markets, as it may contain information with similar direction of suggestion as your idea.

Follow up to that, I have moved your post there for more convenience.

Thank you!
Level 7

Re: Identifying Street vendors and food trucks easily

@sonnyNg thanks a lot for your reply sir. I had gone through that article and understood it.