Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to take great photos in low light

DSC_3381-01.jpegThank you for the night tips @Christina-NYC

Street art FikosStreet art FikosStreet art FikosStreet art Fikos

Level 8

Hi @Christina-NYC
I would like to thank you for sharing such a useful post for all of us. I am also looking for this type of topics. I hope it will definitely attract the new user. 

Thanks again. 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 8

Thanks @Christina-NYC for the great tips.  I would add that if you have access to the shutter speed, you may want to adjust it for the optimal exposure.  In low light some phones lower the shutter speed so much that the light seems to wash out the scene.  If you can increase the shutter speed a bit, the lights can be more distinct in the image.  Rockville town squareRockville town square

If you are doing long exposure with a DSLR on a tripod you can also add a bit of light painting to the image while the shutter is open.  Here I quickly illuminated the coconut tree with a flashlight while doing a 30 second exposure of the milky way. 

"Coconut Milk" - Our galaxy"Coconut Milk" - Our galaxy

Level 9

@Christina-NYC you always give us great advice on how to take good pictures. Thank for that!

The task is difficult when there is poor light and I am moving (when I am in a car, for example)

I wanted to shoot my camera at night and while I was on the move, but  I didn't get a good result.

Would you mind tell me how I can take photos by moving? I know this is material for another publication.San Francisco Ferry BuildingSan Francisco Ferry Building

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 6

IMG_20181126_184116.jpgNight sight on the Google Pixel. That's all I have to comment. Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yo SHADY

Level 7

@Christina-NYC I really enjoy to take photos in low light because where I can find a different flavour .

Your tips and tricks are so worthy. 

I love to read those. 

Here a picture from my last tour to the Tanguar Hair Tanguar Haor during the sunriseTanguar Haor during the sunrise

[Fahim]
Level 6

Hey @Christina-NYC thanks you the great advise. I'll use your advise from now to take take night pictures.