LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to show up your Virtual tours on Connect - three methods

A gif of a virtual tour navigation recorded by local guide LucioVA gif of a virtual tour navigation recorded by local guide LucioV

In the last days, the iframe embed feature that permitted SVT photographers to show up their work in a navigable virtual tour in connect was removed from Connect for security reasons.

In this post I would like to show you two different ways you can share your virtual tour in Connect using youtube video embed.

Plain video navigation of a 360 virtual tour; you will have to create the virtual tour and navigate it using your mouse or some automation, while recording your screen. This is the easiest way, but it's not so interactive. The user cannot choose the navigation path nor the point of view; it's some kind of director's cut of your virtual tour.

360 navigation of a 360 virtual tour; you have to create a 360 video using your 360 photos, in a connected, but forced, way. The user cannot choose the navigation path, but is able to turn around (using the mouse or gyroscope input) and view the scene in 360

360 video; this is not a virtual tour, but is a 360 navigation of a place

15 comments
Level 9

Re: How to show up your Virtual tours on Connect - three methods

Thank you for sharing your tricks and knowledge @LucioV, its nice what I am seeing here, I would like to know also on how you added grandpa Santa on top of that pin drop as you navigate your tour. We are always looking to improve and to make life easy by learning new skills and the only way to get that is by sharing them here. I will try to create my own and see if I manage. 

Thank you.

Level 10

Thanks @Raphael-Mahumane the decorations and text have been added using giphy.com then I've optimized the gif to avoid the 3 Mb limit using ezgif.com optimizer.

Have a nice day!

Level 9

That's cool, thanks. And another question, how did you do it on that last video the 3rd one at the bottom to get the camera moving without you appearing on the video at the bottom or and when moving towards the admin when the video start?

Level 10

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane that video was done with a "mini dolly" like this: 

It's not remote controlled, you can only choose to start, increase/decrease speed and invert movement, but it's cheap.

It's really slow, so you could have the need to increase the speed in postproduction (in that case you should instruct people in the video to move slower than normal).

Level 9

Thanks a lot @LucioV I am really learning here and collecting some useful skills to be used in future.

Thank you once again!

Level 9

Wao @LucioV,

Nice post. As of now I'm nothing more than a trusted photographer. In future I'll come back on this post. 

Bookmarked

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Level 10

Level 9

Thank you @LucioV for sharing this helpful post. It'll help others to make a virtual tour.