MohanVee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to select thumbnail image for Connect post

Hello,

Is there any option to select a thumbnail image by our self while posting post in LGconnect. Please go through my post in Meet-ups Topic. In that post, I have uploaded many pictures and I kept one attractive picture at the top that I want to be shown as a thumbnail image for my post. 

But it shows some normal image from the post as a thumbnail image.  I was gone through many posts in that, all first image of the post only showing as a thumbnail & why it is not worked for me ?. 

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to select thumbnail image for Connect post

Hi @MohanVee

the first image in your linked post is embedded in the post.

In fact you are correct, Local Guides Connect always use your first loaded image as Cover for the post, while embedded images (not loaded in LG Connect) cannot be displayed as a cover.

Also I want to let you know that three of your embedded pictures are not visible (nr. 12 - 13 and 17). I suggest you, when you embed a photo, to check your post in anonimous mode, to see if all your picture have the correct permissions.

Feel free to tag me, if you need more details about the embedding procedure

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @MohanVee

the first image in your linked post is embedded in the post.

In fact you are correct, Local Guides Connect always use your first loaded image as Cover for the post, while embedded images (not loaded in LG Connect) cannot be displayed as a cover.

Also I want to let you know that three of your embedded pictures are not visible (nr. 12 - 13 and 17). I suggest you, when you embed a photo, to check your post in anonimous mode, to see if all your picture have the correct permissions.

Feel free to tag me, if you need more details about the embedding procedure

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT Thanks for the clarification.

I just took URL link from Google Photos, While posting everything worked fine, I didn't done any changes in source photos. Please explain me how to fix this. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @MohanVee

When you load a photo in Google Photos, it is visible only to you.

The first thing you have to do, if you want to embed a photo in Connect from Google Photos, is to add your photo in a shared album:

Step 1: Create an album adding in there the photos that you want to share

Step 2: Read this post (Uploading a photo on Connect? Read these guidelines first) and follow also the links in the post

Step 3: after posting, open your post in anonymous mode, to be sure that your photos are visible to everyone

Waiting for your next post

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT Thank you so much for the post link Sir.

Level 7

@ErmesT @MohanVee Same problem I had, @ErmesT your advice is spot on..

My ConnectLive2019 Post Have a Look if you have time !! My ConnectLive2019 Video