Matt95Bassett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to report speed cameras that do not work on Google Maps?

Screenshot from maps of 2 police speed cameras not working for yearsScreenshot from maps of 2 police speed cameras not working for years

Hello my dear friends Local Guides!

In some main streets of my city there are many "fixed" speed cameras that haven't worked for many years.

Every day I see people braking suddenly and dangerously close to these police control systems.

Many brake in a dangerous way because they are deceived by the icon on the navigator or on
 google maps that indicates the presence of these speed cameras.

But in reality these have not worked for years. In fact, a few days ago I asked myself:

is it possible to report fixed speed cameras on google maps? What happens if I find a non-functioning or non-existent speed camera reported on the maps? Can I delete it from the maps? Can I indicate which speed is allowed in that area?

I believe that solving this problem can be very useful for motorists and avoiding some dangerous accident.

Any suggestions?

"I continually seek quality before quantity in my contributions, and in my life, to provide really useful and interesting information with the addition of my personal opinion"

IG PERSONAL ACCOUNT

IG HOBBY ACCOUNT

Risultati immagini per GIF LOGO INSTAGRAM

Risultati immagini per GIF SARDEGNA

Sardegna, Italia
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: How to report speed cameras that do not work on Google Maps?

Hi @Matt95Bassett thank you for reaching, and we are glad that you are working to help improve the use of Google Maps, by correcting errors or issues the users are facing. Please see this post to help you on how you can send feedback concerning this issue on How do I report a problem on Google Maps?, you will have to use Report a road error on Android, fill out the form and send it. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @Matt95Bassett thank you for reaching, and we are glad that you are working to help improve the use of Google Maps, by correcting errors or issues the users are facing. Please see this post to help you on how you can send feedback concerning this issue on How do I report a problem on Google Maps?, you will have to use Report a road error on Android, fill out the form and send it. Thank you.

Level 8

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane thank you very much for the suggestion!

I just sent my feedback even though I noticed that there is no specific option for speed cameras. The reporting module only offers the "other" command to report this type of thing

"I continually seek quality before quantity in my contributions, and in my life, to provide really useful and interesting information with the addition of my personal opinion"

IG PERSONAL ACCOUNT

IG HOBBY ACCOUNT

Level 9

Hi @Matt95Bassett there is an option to report errors on such kind of issues, but is only available when you are navigating on Google Maps, meaning that you can only give feedback about cameras when you are around the area where there are cameras and you can see them on Google Maps, please try to access this feature when you are around the cameras next time. See this question with answer on Google Maps Help forum How do i report a speed trap?.  

Level 8

@Raphael-Mahumane done! Perfect, thank you so much for your help!

IG PERSONAL ACCOUNT

IG HOBBY ACCOUNT