IndyIndividual's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

How to report an overtly racist guide??

I am very upset to have found an active racist spreading hate in my community and I wanted to reach out to a support team for Google or this Maps/Connect program for some assistance with this matter.

This person is actively posting hateful comments on reviews for places all around my city, including mosques, African American churches, and Hispanic-owned businesses.

What is the best way to report this activity? I'm really concerned that flagging each individual comment is not going to be enough to get this racist troll banned from furthering the spread of her sad, hateful ideology.

Thanks,

IndyIndividual

Indianapolis, IN, USA
3 comments
Level 1

Re: How to report an overtly racist guide??

Looks like I should try tagging a moderator for assistance? @NadyaPN

Connect Moderator

Hi @IndyIndividual A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Thanks for reaching us. Tagging @NadyaPN is correct

Looks like you already know this post about how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Hi @IndyIndividual,

Thanks for reaching out! I will send you a private message with instructions how you can report this Local Guide. 

@ErmesT, thanks for your guidance.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!