Stana778's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to report a glitch in the Trailblazer badge points?

Hey guys,

With the new forum, I'm not exactly sure how to report issues with the contribution points or badge updates.  This post probably belongs in the Help Desk section but I can't start the post there...  I sent a PM to @ErmesT but figured I should post in public in case other Local Guide fellows are facing the same issue.  Anyway, feel free to move this post to where it belongs.  I'm tagging a few active Googlers and Google Moderators here as well - @PaulPavlinovich@BruceDM@DeniGu.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Master Trailblazer badge reverted to Expert Trailblazer due to the first 'Reviews' count has dropped below 50 for some reason.  I thought it was due to some places got removed from the map, which is okay.  However, I noticed that whenever I add a first review of a place now, the review count will go down by one.  This is so weird.  Instead of incrementing the first review count, it's going down.  As I explore this glitch more to confirm the issue, my first review count has now dropped to 31 :).  If anyone can shed some light on this, it'd be great.

One suggestion I have is to have a proper channel for local guides to report issues with the point system and badge updates.  I'm pretty sure it's something that most people will run into once in a while.

Thanks!

6 comments
Level 9

Re: How to report a glitch in the Trailblazer badge points?

Hello @Stana778,

With the new forum, I'm not exactly sure how to report issues with the contribution points or badge updates. This post probably belongs in the Help Desk section but I can't start the post there... I sent a PM to @ermest but figured I should post in public in case other Local Guide fellows are facing the same issue. Anyway, feel free to move this post to where it belongs.

Help desk board only contains posts shared by our moderators. That is locked section, so Need not to be worry about that board, you are in the correct spot.  

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Master Trailblazer badge reverted to Expert Trailblazer due to the first 'Reviews' count has dropped below 50 for some reason. I thought it was due to some places got removed from the map, which is okay. However, I noticed that whenever I add a first review of a place now, the review count will go down by one. This is so weird. Instead of incrementing the first review count, it's going down. As I explore this glitch more to confirm the issue, my first review count has now dropped to 31 :). If anyone can shed some light on this, it'd be great.

I can confirm that there is no problem for me. Earlier there were 46 but I added a new review to a place and it is 47. You can wait for more answers from other moderators and local guides too. If there there will be any glitch team will review it.  

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Hey @Stana778,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are currently investigating an issue connected with reviews. Now I am not sure if what you described is exactly the same, but I ask you for some patience.

I also need to mention that some of your contributions may be marked private if they do not adhere to our policies (reviews, photos and videos, community). 

By the way if you have any ideas on how to improve the program, please use the Idea Exchange. You can read more here - How do I use the Idea Exchange?

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

Thanks @GeorgesHR and @deepakjhic! 🙂  Just to give you guys more info to work on, I posted two more 'first' reviews.

Here is the first review I posted a few hours ago.  Btw, I got this link from the share button.  Not sure why it's saying this review no longer exists if I don't log in with my user and open this link.  It think it's taking some time for the review to become publicly available as it only happens with new reviews.  Anyway, after this review was added, the first review count didn't go down.  It still stayed at 31.

https://goo.gl/maps/jJ6Merhs2SQ2

031.jpg

However after I posted this review around 20 minutes ago.  The count dropped from 31 to 30 almost immediately.

https://goo.gl/maps/ded6TbQoeZ42

030.jpg

I'm glad to help narrow down the issues.  If you guys need anything else, feel free to let me know.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Stana778 the first thing I would be asking is that in your adding first reviews to experiment - I hope you visit each business and experience it before reviewing otherwise you're just adding bad data.

Secondly, the count isn't necessarily real time - it often takes hours or days to reflect your new reviews. What does it say now?

Note that the first review needs to be the first review, not your first review. If you are reviewing places you've not been do and the business is claimed the owner could be reporting them which can end up making them private.

The right place is How-Tos topic.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

Thanks for getting back.

Hi @Stana778 the first thing I would be asking is that in your adding first reviews to experiment - I hope you visit each business and experience it before reviewing otherwise you're just adding bad data.

I did visit those places.  However sometimes I don't add the review right on the spot.  If it's going to be a detailed review or if I'm too busy doing something else, I'll wait until I get back to my computer and add the review through the browser instead.  It's a lot easier for me to type on a real keyboard.  I'd rule out the possibility of those reviews getting reported and becoming private though.  I'm not sure if you can see the content of those two reviews but both are pretty neutral and rather positive as far as the content goes.  The first one talks about the average price range and the products the store carries.  The second review is for a bank branch in a shopping mall and it mentions that it opens until the evening, which is good for customers, and that the wait time is short.  In addition, both places don't seem to have the business owner yet as the 'Claim this business' message still shows up for both places.

Secondly, the count isn't necessarily real time - it often takes hours or days to reflect your new reviews. What does it say now?

The count unfortunately is still at 30 after decreasing from 31 when I added the second review yesterday.  I understand that this badge takes a lot longer than the others to update.  However, the issue here isn't the delay.  Rather, it's the count that went down almost instantly from 31 to 30.

Thanks for taking your time looking into this issue.  If I get to visit a place with no review again, I'll answer "yes" to the "Are you here now?" question and post the review right away.  I'll see if that makes any difference.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for responding @Stana778 can you please PM me a link to your contributions and share the two most recent review places too.