VlLo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to report a BUG - drop in points!

@KatyaL 

After a few unsuccessful attempts, yesterday I managed to capture pre- and post- bug point count.

BUG is as follows.

1. The point count is delayed and updated mostly on daily basis.

2. After the app is opened, no matter on the web or mobile one count is shown.

3. After clicking on a link to single edit and a re-loading page with point count a significant drop in points occurs.

Attached photos show:

1. 73,638 points at 08:12:35 on 01/27/2019,  then

2. 73,582 at 08:13:20 same day, and

3. 73,597  at 07:10:43 on 01/28/2019 (today)

In the last few weeks, in this way, I lost several hundred points...

Any feedback, any help

Screenshot_20190127-081235_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20190128-071043_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20190127-081320_Maps.jpg

10 comments
Level 10

Re: How to report a BUG - drop in points!

NEW BUG - unable to write Reviews

As I tried to add a review (clicking on a "write review" button) I got a login screen and a notice that I have to be logged in! Options were: 1. log-in and 2. cancel.

When clicking on log-in nothing happens, clicking on cancel window closes... As can be seen on Screenshot I was already logged in!

Screenshot.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Hi @VlLo,

Thanks for reaching out. Some of your contributions may be marked private if they do not adhere to our policies (reviews, photos and videos). Please read the Google's review policies. This results in a points loss. Please take some time to check your contributions and check what has been marked as private. 

Usually points for contributions will take a little more time to be updated. Here you can read in details.

Please follow these steps:

- Sign out and sign back in to Google Maps (maps.google.com) with the same Google Account.

- Clear your cookies and cache.

- Try Incognito/private window.

- Disable extensions/add-ons/plug-ins.

Try a different browser to see if it is a browser related issue.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@KatyaL 

What I mentioned happens on daily basis. Weather I just made edits or posted pictures, for several weeks now... After first opening of an app I see one point count and within seconds point drops!?!

I've been editing Google maps since 2007, and I'm familiar with most of the occurrences, but this one is new.  I used to wait for months for point approval in first years. Since that, in just a few cases it happened that points dropped, but never so regularly and never with the same trigger.

There are several more bugs that I have reported through the "Submit feedback" in just last a few days but for this, I contacted LG community as they might have the best insight!

For the 2nd - all the suggestions you proposed are acceptable but you've missed that I browsed in incognito mode, as I usually do from all the computers but one (painfully learned experience), so in this case, they don't apply!

btw I currently mostly use:

mobile

1.  GMM 10.8.1 (#1008101244) on Android 8.0.0. (Security patch of 1/1/2019) - Huawei

2.  GMM 10.8.1 (#1008101243) on Android 8.0.0. (Security patch of 10/1/2018)  - Samsung

PC

3.  5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36

I do not have insight into background data but I sincerely believe this might be a BUG... 

Why people tend to not presume that someone might have a bit more experience ( btw I'm in computers since 1982!,  IBM compatible PC's since 1992.)

Hi @VlLo ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently we are not experiencing any wide-spread issues and bugs on the platform. We are however going to take your information into consideration and keep note in case more Local Guides complain of the same.

Please keep up the pro-activity!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

@GeorgesHR @KatyaL 

Today again... I made a Screenshot at in the morning at 73,663 points, and now again at 73,616... Meanwhile, I got 13 edits approved 27 pending and 1 denied. 

2019 01 30-1.jpg

2019 01 30-2.jpg

Level 10

@GeorgesHR 

Should I post more or someone can acknowledge a problem? - 60 points this time (that I can observe)

02/06/2019 afternoon

Screenshot_20190206-144917_Maps.jpg

02/07/2019 morning

Screenshot_20190207-014112_Maps.jpg

Thanks @VlLo ,

Let us investigate and we will get back to you.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

How to edit an object and not get denied?

@KatyaL 

This one is simple - there is NO WAY to do so with how Google handles edits.

Picture attached is just for illustration on POI's I got denied from editing...

Incircled in

Red - Name of POI (only legit data - and that is not even a local name, but an official one)

Yellow - descriptors (business descriptors from government listing) (not allowed) 

Green - address (not allowed in a name)

Blue - business listings page (yellow pages - not allowed)

And what I get on edits - Instant denial!

Almost every time! On almost all POI's in this country, and some in mine... And more than 50% of all POI's are like this!

Explanation - edit couldn't be verified! And there is no moderator to observe a problem!

How to improve the verification process, please let us know?!

whatswrong.jpg

Can anyone tell why Google denies ANY edits on such POI's (and this one is simple to observe).

Level 10

Yesterday evening, e-mail from LG community:20190207-2349-mail from LG.jpg

This morning GMM:

Screenshot_20190208-071537.jpg