StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How to react - LG Connect Live 2018 selection results - next 2 weeks or so

really inspirational story @StephenAbraham 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 6

Thanks so much @StephenAbraham. @@ for this advice, you have encouraged every local guide reading this po

Mechatronic Engineer
Traveller, world wide adventures, love to travel
Fluent in English and Swahili
Level 10

Well said @StephenAbraham! I will be, with my mind, with all the great selected LGs! 🙂

Once again, will be great to see and enjoy, from home, this great experience! 🙂

Level 9

@StephenAbraham is one of the best Map makers , one of the best local guides ever i am very proud of his friendship

this year he inspire all connect with his meetups and 360 videos one of them is 11 cities meetups in Kerala India and his many meetups in Malaysia and Singapore traveling to inspire all local guides , he is level TEN already before the new points system if you look at his map profile you know how well organized he is ( not spamming the map with tons of duplicate photos and videos to level up  ) friendship yeah we know what is friendship and we thank google for this opportunity we have friends from all around the world a real friends who care and share happy and sad moments ,

one like Stephen has the right to say this ,and there are few living legends else can say the same  ,  at the end we are one family and we respect each other and respect Local guides team decision , and we are really very very happy for our friends who get selected and we are very proud of them , 

and heeey Stephen there are still hope ;))) keep it up and keep inspire us , 🌹  I love You bro 🌹

i copy this reply  from this great post 🙂 keep it up @StephenAbraham

Connect Moderator

Tu post @StephenAbraham, es simplemente hermoso, reflexionar sobre si fuimos elegidos dentro de los 151, para los que no son escogidos, queda un sabor amargo en la boca, pero hoy por hoy como será el Connect Live, creo que estar o no estar, no será casi notado, por el título del evento 🤔 creo que podremos asistir a muchos de ellos en forma virtual, por eso es muy importante que sigamos a Connect en las distintas redes como Facebook, Twitter, Instagram y YouTube, todas estas, marcaran el pulso de los acontecimientos en San Francisco 🌁 los días 16, 17 y 18 de Octubre.

En mi caso en las dos anteriores LGS16 y LGS17 decidí no participar, por razones particulares, pero me centi muy contento y entusiasmado con todo lo realizaron los si estaban allá, con la LGS17, no sentí que no estaba, las actualizaciones que realizaba @MaxWalsh permanentemente me hacía viajar a SF con el resto de los que estaba allí.

A si que sintamos  contentos de los que van 😀 y los que no lo vemos y sentimos por medio de las redes y las transmisiones en vivió del encuentro...🍀

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 7

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@BudionoS I think Indonesia has many great Local Guides community. From so many different cities. How many were there from Indonesia in 2016 and 2017 for Summit?

I think this year, the number of applicants will be many more. We should take a guess on the number. I would say at least 25,000 this year applied. 🙂

Yes . we came from different cities and different culture.

Nice shared @StephenAbraham thanks

Level 8

@StephenAbraham

Thanks for the post with beautiful photos. 

Thanks to all selected Lgs.

Best of luck!!!  

Those who aren't selected for 2018.

Contribute more and more to get invite for 2019.

"HAPPY MAPPING "

Regards 

N Mishra 

Nityananda Mishra
Level 8

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@Saidulkarim We will celebrate together always.. 🙂 .. hope at least a few of us from here gets invited..

Oh yes, Stephen, I agree with you. :))

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

@StephenAbraham, wonderful post. Interesting question you are asking.

For me, I apply every year with the idea to show why I love being a Local Guide and why I want to attend the yearly BiG Global Local Guides event.  I have fun creating my application videos because I get the chance share my story and learn new video making skills.

As someone who has been very lucky to be invited now three times, I don’t take for granted or assume that I will automatically receive an invite because of past experiences, I am a Connect Moderator, or that I live locally. 

My advice is the same as yours - always have fun being a Local Guide. Do good and put up useful, correct information (reviews, answer the auto Google Maps questions, edit, take high quality informative photos, etc.), have or attend meetups, be helpful to your fellow Local Guides both on Connect and in your local LG community, and be active on Connect with quality content. 

Don’t get hung up if you didn’t get an invite. It’s not the end of the world.

I know this may sound strange from someone who has been invited every year. But like you and many LGs who were invited to last year’s Local Guides Summit 17 who did not get invited to the first year’s Local Guides Summit 16, if you don’t keep applying you will never know the next time there is a Connect Live could be the time you do receive that invite, the “golden ticket.”

Also threatening to or quilting the Local Guides Program because you did not receive an invite means, in my personal opinion, you sign up to become a Local Guide for the wrong reasons. You are not a truly a Local Guide and should stop being one in my opinion. 

if i never get the opportunity to attend a future Connect Live, I won’t take it personally. I am proud of my past accomplishments and will continue to root, help, and encourage my fellow Local Guides to hopefully get the chance to go with no hurt feelings and to be the best Local Guides that they can be. 

Cheers,

Karen