StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How to react - LG Connect Live 2018 selection results - next 2 weeks or so

Good thoughts ! @StephenAbraham

From the past years, Google Maps has helped me a lot in providing many good information, accurately navigating me back home and saving my times.  Local Guides is like a voluntary-based program. We should not expect to gain something in return - actually Google Maps provided us more than that. 
Just did the best for the application  so no regret no matter how the announcement will be. Keep contributing to Google Maps, hosting meetups and doing what you love with Local Guides Program. 😄

Cheers !
Sun 

Level 9

Hey @StephenAbraham 

Thank you for your motivation and mentality psychological advice I believe there will be a-lot of mixed feelings on June 20. 

Level 8

@Haseeb wrote:

Thanks a lot brother @StephenAbraham for this write up & motivation 🙂
I can feel the excitement building up at connect about connecting with local guides around the world at connect live 2018 hahaha 
It's all about connections heart to heart with this lovely program & indeed the summit/connect live is not end of the world bro, we will keep our contributions up & high even if don't get selected 🙂

Cheers

Yes, Haseeb

We would continue doing what we are doing (Contributing to Maps & trying to be a fabulous LG). No matter what. :))

Hey, Thanks Stephen.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

This post is fantastic, @StephenAbraham. I went through the same experience (applied in '16, did not get in, got in for '17) and I think your ideas in terms of how to still participate an engage for those who don't make it this year are very intuitive and help to keep everyone as a part of the festivities. I was lucky to had the chance to meet you in '17, and with the results coming in 10 days, I hope that our community takes this advance into consideration.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

@BudionoS I think Indonesia has many great Local Guides community. From so many different cities. How many were there from Indonesia in 2016 and 2017 for Summit?

I think this year, the number of applicants will be many more. We should take a guess on the number. I would say at least 25,000 this year applied. 🙂

Level 8

@StephenAbraham Thanks to sharing with us your real experience , only 9 days left , I believe that Good work and luck together brings us a great opportunity, We just keep up our good work by helping others on Google Maps.

Level 10

@Saidulkarim We will celebrate together always.. 🙂 .. hope at least a few of us from here gets invited..

Level 8

@StephenAbraham I hope so that.

Connect Moderator

@StephenAbraham

This is a really great post from a 10er!!!

Very good. Thank you for your thoughts and recap of your great way of contribution!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Thanks @StephenAbraham for share with us.