cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to rate an ATM

Hi All,

what is your experience in rating ATMs?

For me it is very hard to see differences between the cash machines. They are all well maintained and clean.

So the only differences I could see as an indicator for a good/bad rating are:

- Environment (safe area, lights, parking)

- Visibility (how easy is it to find the ATM)

- Fees (how much charges the provider of the ATM per transaction) 

Please give me your ideas for that.

Happy Trails

Martin

P.S. My wife said, that a real 5***** ATM gives you Money without charging your account 😉

20170222_223915.jpg

5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to rate an ATM

@Martyn I love your wife's comment! Those would be the REALEST 5 stars ATMs around. 🙂

I think the indicators you suggested are great! I've never rated or review an ATM but now I will. Thanks for sharing! 

I looked up a couple of ATMs near me and realised that they are rarely given a rating or a review. Just like you mentioned, ATMs appear to be just a machine with no difference between one and the other, and that's probably why they are almost never rated. Personally I find reviews to be really useful. Information like how crowded it gets and the denominations available (in Singapore, some ATMs strictly dispense $50 notes only while other machines have more denominations) are what I'd like to know. There are almost no reviews for ATMs in my city... but let me try getting it started. Heh.

I'd like to hear what other community members think about this.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Hi @Martyn, here in my place I have following parameters in addition:

1) Operating hours (some ATMs give service at night since here is no such nightlife system)

2) System failure frequency (this happens to some banks, it may be because of their software mechanism)

3) Ease of access

4) Door lock (most ATM are with no locks, few have locks)

Level 10

Being able to sort the results by how much the ATM costs would be amazing.  Great idea.

Just a side note; some banks such as www.ally.com refund all ATM fees, so they sort of make all ATMs a free ATM.

˚͜˚
Level 8

Hi @BishowvijayaP ,

It is very interesting to hear your opinion about the ATMs. I think there are lot differences in the world. Here in Germany they gave up the door lock system because of safety reasons. From the US I know that many people are accessing the ATM right from a car - unknown in other countries.

I like this LG forum very much because it broadens the view of what is possible in the world.

Happy trails

Martin

Level 8

Hi @PittsburghJon

Comparing the fees of ATMs is not easy or even impossible. It depends on your specific banking card.

Happy trails

Martin