AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: How to post great videos on Google Maps

Thanks @AnnaDickson for the helpful post.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 7

Thanks anna, i wonder what kind a Smarthphone do you use to take that beautifull view? ist thats spesial gadget or just ordinary smartphone

Level 8

Great and detailed explanation!! Thanks @AnnaDickson. It helps a lot..

Level 8

I liked that feature , it is preety cool , 

U can tour a place sitting at home!!

I have uploaded 3 videos so far 30 sec each; 

Let me know is it up to the mark?  

Is it ok to edit ur video? 

Here are my videos--

https://goo.gl/photos/nE6v7vRcGaUp5C7f8

https://goo.gl/photos/nE6v7vRcGaUp5C7f8

@AnnaDickson

#LocalGuides #GoogleMaps #CoochBehar #India

Level 8

@AnnaDickson Thanks for the tips. Probably another milestone update by Google Maps. This feature will surely help to know more about the place we want to visit... 🙂

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 10

Level 10

Will these Videos eat our  space from Google Drive?  or will be free like Youtube?

Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP, Now I have. I shared my first video yesterday.

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Yeah @VictorOmebije. I agree with you.

Have you contributed the video to the map?

@VictorOmebije wrote:

Woaw!!! This is a great improvement on maps. Now we can share our experiences even better. Thank you Google.

Level 9

@NFN try updaring maps

@NFN wrote:

When will this feature be available? 

Tried add a vid but nothing.

Eta? 

O and Iam glad they finally fixed the scrolling trough your pictures by going back and not trowing you back to start

Level 9

@RussellR editing photos or video is unnecessary, as nobody is going to pay for extra cost of editing, just upload it as it is, no Matree how bad it is, it will still help someone. 

@RussellR wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich LOL, I know about not making money through Google Maps. 😄

I guess my the gist of my reply was, who is going to do this (and for free)? Yelp tried it and quickly removed the video feature cause... no body cared and most things added just looked terrible.

I get adding nice photos for free. I can use the camera on my phone and even use free software to edit those photos (like SnapSeed), but creating a decent video that doesn't look like you filmed it in a cave is more costly (the cheapest decent editor I can think of costs $20), time consuming, and takes more skill.

Plus, I get photos removed here and there for no reason (not breaking policy, BTW) but I don't mind cause I spent <5 minutes making it. If I upload a 30 sec film that I sent >30 minutes editing it would be discouraging.

I'm super excited about this feature (money or not), but I'm not sure what Google is expecting from this.