AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

How to post amazing Ganesh Chaturthi photos on Google Maps

Caption: Ganesh ChaturthiCaption: Ganesh Chaturthi

All across India, Ganesh Chaturthi is underway. This 10-day festival celebrates the Hindu Lord Ganesh, and devotees pay tribute by setting up idols in elaborate temporary structures called pandals.

We’re excited to unveil something special for Ganesh Chaturthi and other festivals: you can share photos from the pandals in real time on Google Maps.

If you’re in Mumbai, Pune, or Hyderabad right now, you’ll see famous pandals marked throughout the cities on Google Maps. You’ll find useful information like event times and the date that each pandal’s idol will be immersed in a nearby body of water. As you explore the festival, you can tap each pandal to add photos. They’ll show up right away for people around the world to see. Your photos might even appear in a collection of highlights from the festival.

Caption: Ganesh ChaturthiCaption: Ganesh ChaturthiCaption: Ganesh ChaturthiCaption: Ganesh Chaturthi

To make it easier to share photos from pandals, we’ve also created lists in Mumbai, Pune, and Hyderabad. You can follow them and add photos any time.

We hope sharing real-time photos makes your celebration even better!

To help you capture all the festivities, we’ve put together some tips for taking photos at live events:

1. Capture the feel of the event

Since every celebration is different, your goal should be to capture what’s special about this event. A great photo can make the viewer feel like they’re right there with the photographer. It’s fine to show scenes with people, but don’t make a single person the focus of your photo, and make sure nobody is blocking important elements of your shot.

Caption: Feel of Ganesh ChaturthiCaption: Feel of Ganesh Chaturthi

2. Shoot a lot and get creative

Don’t be afraid to take many shots at the same event. Try different angles and focus on anything that looks interesting. You don’t want to get too abstract with your imagery, but you do want your images to be compelling. Consider the rule of thirds when shooting, no matter what your subject might be.

Wide shot:
Caption: Wide shotCaption: Wide shot

Detail shots:
Caption: Detail shotsCaption: Detail shots

Caption: Detail shotsCaption: Detail shots

3. Seek out good lighting

Whenever possible, take advantage of natural light and avoid using flash if you can (especially when you’re shooting with your phone). If your event happens at night, try to find interesting lighting that highlights your subject.

Caption: LightingCaption: Lighting

India
17 comments
Level 9

Re: How to post amazing Ganesh Chaturthi photos on Google Maps

@AradhanaB

Owh wao nice collection you have as expected from you. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this information with us @AradhanaB I'm from Gujarat can I share my pictures on Google maps ?

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Ganesh Chaturthy festival celebration in my City @AradhanaBIMG_20140831_010621.jpg

IMG_20140829_094923.jpg

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

Level 9

@AradhanaB , @NareshDarji , @deepakjhic @RtnArulPrakasamT

One reason why am in love with  Local guide Connect  is : we get know all cultural and all festivals around the world from our real friends 

"We are the most diverse Family in all the World "

🕌🕍🗽🗼🏯🏛🌐

Thanks for thr information and for sharing 😉

Today we know more about Ganesh Chaturthi 😊

Connect Moderator

You are right bro @OSAMA this is best platform to connect us from different countries and different cultures

Level 9

Very nice photos bro @NareshDarji 📣📣📣

@NareshDarji wrote:

Ganesh Chaturthy festival celebration in my City @AradhanaBIMG_20140831_010621.jpg

IMG_20140829_094923.jpg

Connect Moderator

Thanks @OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

Very nice photos bro @NareshDarji 📣📣📣 

Level 8

@AradhanaB @OSAMA @NareshDarji A very article to read.