TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to or Where to find my Published Post, after 'Moving' by Moderators?

Dear @ErmesT and @DeniGu,

The post which had this image

Can you please Help me?

I have published a post under the Subject "Portraits of Birds, Mysore Zoo, using 500mm Zoom Lens – TravellerG". Best of my knowledge, I saw it under my profile page, earlier; now, when I checked to share it, it not visible under my profile!!!

Kindly guide,

1. Where to find my post?

2. How to get the 'LINK to share' it?

3. Will I lose the count of number of posts, if that post is moved by a moderator? 

Humbly requesting for a clear reply, than directing me to another 'solution', where I will stand again with further doubts, please.

Thank you, in advance.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

8 comments
Level 8

Re: How to or Where to find my Published Post, after 'Moving' by Moderators?

Very attractive zoo wow thats places for kids? Your photo so nice thank you for sharing with us

Connect Moderator

Hi @TravellerG

If a post is merged on an existing thread, you can find it under the "comments" tab.

In this case, your post is Here

I never checked if merging a post in a thread will change the count of thread started

Level 10

So kind of you to answer me so quickly; appreciate you always, for your quick response, and knowledgeable comments. Let me check & get back to you, soon.

Thanks dear friend, @ErmesT

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Yes, LG @PranabDaulagupu, This is from Mysore Zoo - truly a place for KIds (& elders) equally; I reer to our reviews in Google Map for further guidance. 

Thanks

Level 10

Sorry dear friend @ErmesT - I humbly request you to kindly look into this post, further.

As you know very well that, we all LG contributors (at least, many of us), put in a lot of effort (invest time & energy), using our  resources, to make valuable posts (even reviews in Google Map, for that reason).

What I found is:

1. Since the Post has been moved from my profile, surely, it will not be counted in the number of posts (I presume). I humbly express, that is not a fair reward to a dedicated LG... Hope you too will agree with this.

2. Secondly, I felt sad, that I took minutes to locate my hard work, as JUST a comment among many other comments - loosing all it's identity - it really paining... (of course, this may not be matter for Moderators) - but think about a mutually promoting platform like LG Connect - Contributors, should be rewarded; hope, you will agree that my feelings are genuine.

I sincerely request you to kindly look into the matter or guide me, where to address my problem.

Thanks,

PS:

Could you kindly guide me as how you got the this link? {Here}, please.

Connect Moderator

Hi @TravellerG

The idea of moving / merging post is not to devaluate your contribution but, but, on the contrary, to add your contribution in a thread that is specifically dedicated to a subject. "please read before posting"  is the indication that Moderators follow carefully. In this way, you will have the possibility to find, all together, the post about the same subject. "Are you posting Photos? Check my list of evergreen first" is my personal suggestion to the Local Guides.

If you are a bird lover, please read the thread where your post has been moved, and you will find/discover a lot of other passionate Local Guides. Some of the pictures are simply breathtaking.

Regarding your question about "how to find my contributions", there are several ways to find a post. Here a short list of the most common ways:

• Direct search with the appropriate filter by author
  • If a picture is loaded on Connect you can also search for the post through your album (Your Profile / photos / more). Passing with the mouse over your photo, you will see a small cloud. Clicking over there,the related post will opens. Clicking in the photo, the photo will open and, under the picture, you will find a link that will show you all the post where the photo is used (yes, you can use the same picture in more than one post, avoiding to load it twice or more times). This is not working for embedded photos 😞
  • Your list of "recent post" - You can find it clicking on your avatar, then on the small cloud

Hope this can help you to find your post, and to understand why, sometime, a moderator is moving/merging post. Of course, sometime we miss some post. Feel free to suggest the correct location of a previously posted thread about similar subject, and to tag a Moderator in there.

Thank you

Level 10

I think that my concern is not clear to you, dear @ErmesT,

1. How to retain the 'Count of the number of posts', which is connected with the 'Badges' of LG Connect. ie. Number of posts are being counted in the badge = 1 post, 50 Posts, 100 Posts, etc.... is it not?

2. How to create a "LINK", as you did for my post, after moving a post? (If I remember correctly, we used to have a 'Create Hyperlink' option in LG Connect Ver 1, replies.).

Hope my questions aare clear.

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Your concern regarding badges is clear to me @TravellerG, even if personally I do not count my badges nor the number of my post. My aim in writing a post (I do not write too many post) is only to provide original contents. In any case this is simple to check. In your profile / posts I can see 90 posts. You can simply compare this number with the number that appear on your private profile for "Topics started" + "Ideas posted" to see how the count works. A feedback will help also other LGs

Hiperlink: It works exactly like in the previous version of Connect: click on the three blue dots of the reply then in "Permalink". When a post is moved, the permalink remain the same. You can also "Bookmark" a post or a specific reply. Bookmarked post are listed on "Your Profile / Starred"