Osaka78forTRUMP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to name a place correctly on Maps

Dear @Flash, hope all's well. Could you please do us a favour and look at this storefront on Street View and tell us your thought process for getting the place's name to match Maps guidelines?

Thanks and kind regards from Osaka78 

Screenshot of Google Street ViewScreenshot of Google Street View

Vasse WA, Australia
8 comments
Level 10

Re: How to name a place correctly on Maps

Also shared on Twitter

Level 10

@Osaka78forTRUMP you may also want to read this link (look under Name) in this post.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

"Name - Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers. Accurately representing your business name helps customers find your business online"

For this, it could be a good idea to check with the business owner, rather than for us to take our own decision when the store front has many signs.

Will let Flash add his advice so we can learn the best practices.

Connect Moderator

Good advice @StephenAbraham

On this particular one I would suggest the place is called "Yahava Koffee Works" or perhaps just "Yahava", the other signs "Adventure in a cup" and "Kwik Coffee Drive Thru" look like slogans to me.

As @StephenAbraham says, ask them :).

I would hope that you personally visit each business that you add or edit. Adding or editing from Street View might be showing you an image that is no longer relevant. The business world is harsh and even a recent image may not be true anymore. In the suburb where I work there is a new cafe opening every week with another one closing. Sometimes more than one. Shops also move frequently if they're not getting the needed traffic through the door.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Yes, @StephenAbraham and @PaulPavlinovich, thank you for joining in the conversation.

Shopfront signage has two names, a marketing tagline and service information. Yesterday the place's name on Maps included location information. It's also a chain with one of the most highly rated and reviewed coffees in Busselton. 

We've suggested edits for the place, including name edits, based on local knowledge, Street View and the place's official website.

Looking forward to improving our Maps contributions with Flash's experience and knowledge of Maps guidelines.

Thanks again and kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Connect Moderator

Is the business claimed @Osaka78forTRUMP? Given it is a chain it would be well worth them doing that and moderating their own entries.

Level 10

Yes, Paul, special reasons for claimed GMB places

to break Maps guidelines is an urban myth.

All Maps users globally, including GMB places, agree to Maps terms.

Surely you agree? 

Part of the problem is mis-education, which is why we're asking Flash to please allow us an opportunity to learn from his experience.

Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 10

Dear @Flash, any word? Thanks and kind regards from Osaka78 👍

Level 8

I will search for through the map and get it

durojaiyeolatunde10gmail.com