Karatrick's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to make make a free website to host your photo portfolio

When I started taking pictures it was a hobby and I liked to share my adventures with friends and family. later on, with Google local guides program the journey took another level where now we can help worldwide travellers make informed decisions, But for those like me who want to take this to another level by becoming professional photographers there are basic tools to start with and a website is at the top of the list. Some of the Trusted photographers on the hire list use their social networks profile in the place of a website, That it because websites can be expensive or take ages to complete if you have the right skill set.  This is where the new Google sites come in.

First pageFirst page

Google sites offer a free solution to this problem, you can design your website in 5 minutes, with zero coding skills. You heard it right, absolutely no programming skills are needed. it is a drag and drop method and you get your own link which you can share with your customers, embed Streetview tours and showcase 360 photos. Furthermore, you can even use your own domain name. I created mine and I'm very satisfied with the functionalities at zero cost.

Just go to this website

https://sites.google.com/new

(Login with your Gmail if prompted)  and click on the Lower right button, Remember to select "Owned by me"

First stepFirst step

Try it and let me know what you think, 

Let's keep contributing

Optimistic in attitude | Photographer by Passion | Helping others Helps | Academically MBA
2 comments
Google Moderator

Re: How to make make a free website to host your photo portfolio

Hey @Karatrick,

Thank you sharing about the new Google sites! I am sure that all of your advice will be helpful for the Local Guides. 

Keep contributing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Re: How to make make a free website to host your photo portfolio

Hello @Ivi_Ge Thank you,

I 'm happy to be able to help and share the knowledge

Optimistic in attitude | Photographer by Passion | Helping others Helps | Academically MBA