TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to make an impact through Maps, according to Local Guide Emeka

I didn't knew about Peter Seeger @Stuart_C, first thing I did before to reply here was to make a search and ... OMG

If you havent, you should read the first part of this post, RECAP: Clean The World - Puliamo la spiaggia di Jesolo that I wrote six days ago (don't worry, there is the English version after the Italian one) using exactly the same concept.

I have been invited to write, in a small book, something about Clean The World. For the Intro, not knowing about Peter Seeger, I used a lyrics from Woody Guthrie:

This land is your land This land is my land
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and Me

Level 8

Thank you for sharing this. I've been a local guide for 4 years but not that active. However, since the beginning of this year I've started being active and am loving every single experience and contribution I make. My next goal is to buy a 360 camera so that I can showcase just how beautiful my country Kenya is.

https://www.instagram.com/kelvinofula/
Former Google Contributor

Hi @kelvinofula,

It is great to hear that!

Let us wait for the interesting post of Kenya through your lens!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

I think that that is a wonderful choice of lyric, @ErmesT. It says a lot (and what an amazing song it is!!).

The coincidence if course is that Seeger and Woody were great friends. I think Pete really loved Woody and took a lot of inspiration from him.

Congratulations on being invited to write a piece in that book!

Stuart

Level 7

This is such an inspiring post/interview! Thanks to both @TraciC and @EmekaUlor for sharing these experiences. I'm relatively new to Connect and so grateful to learn from the experiences of others. All I've been doing is posting photos and reviews. Now that I begin to understand what else we can do, I'm going to jump right in and contribute!

Level 6

Thanks for this wonderful post. @EmekaUlor has always been inspiring. He's a mentor and a teacher, following your steps.

Level 9

Emeka I just simply great

Level 6

Reading through these lines is very inspiring and motivating. For some of us who are just starters there is no limit to what one can achieve. @TraciC  @EmekaHouse Thanks for sharing. 

Alex.

Alexander Nwachukwu
Lagos Nigeria
Level 5

Way to go @EmekaUlor! Reading about you is inspiring. Do keep up the great work. I'd definitely love to attend your meetups should you organize one in Lagos.

Level 7

Helpful tips and inspiring story for me to contribute on google maps.
chandra mani