gowthamselvam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to improve quality of your photo contributions with tagging to Google maps

Hi Local guides !

Your contributions as local guide is very important for google maps. Google maps has very cool feature in categorising your contribution of photos in maps as inside, menu or product and outside. Local guides shall upload the photos as per the category. So that it will be very helpful for the general public #letsguide 

Screenshots for your reference  

1 ) Inside the place : 

Here you can upload the photos such as interiors, billing area, restroom facilities, etc., 

Photo 1 : Inside categoryPhoto 1 : Inside category 

2)  Menu or Product 

Here you can upload the photos of the menu ( How to take great food photos !) , Product available inside . etc., 

Photo 2 : Menu or Product categoryPhoto 2 : Menu or Product category

3 ) Outside 

Here you can upload the parking facility, entrance of the place, etc., 

Photo 3 : Outside categoryPhoto 3 : Outside category

and tips to gain more points while uploading photos in photos. upon adding photos, google maps will ask you to tag the photo  

Tag !!Tag !!

Kindly tag the photo accordingly ! Once the tagging is done , you will gain 3 Bonus points for the tagging ! 

Bonus Points for tagging !Bonus Points for tagging !

Hope this post is very useful to all local guides ! let me know your suggestions. 

Keep clicking ! Keep posting ! #letsguide #photograpy #googlemaps #localguides 

Gowtham Selvam
you are educated by travelling - Solange Knowles
India
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to improve quality of your photo contributions with tagging to Google maps

Hi @gowthamselvam,

Thank you for sharing your tips.

We appreciate it, and I`m sure this will be useful for all the Local Guides.

PS: These articles might be helpful as well, 4 helpful lighting tips to improve your mobile photography and 6 tips for taking even better photos with your phone.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Re: How to improve quality of your photo contributions with tagging to Google maps

Hi @Petra_M , 

Thank you for your appreciation ! Hope it does ! 

Thanks for the articles. They were helpful 

Gowtham Selvam
Level 10

Hi @gowthamselvam nice thread! 🙂

I only want to add a little bit of information: actually, the points for tagging photos are shown in the popup but still not credited in your contributor profile 😉

Eventually will add later.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @gowthamselvam,

Such amazing and useful tips! Thank you very much for sharing them with us!

Another great post from you! Just keep the good posts! I am waiting for the next one!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @LucioV , 

Thank you ! I havent noticed that 

Thank you for your information.  

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Hi @PoliMC , 

Thank you so much for your appreciation ! 

sure ! will keep posting ! 

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Since I am on the iOS platform, I do not have this feature available to me — @gowthamselvam @PoliMC  are you aware of how to photo tag on the backend?

Local Guide Level 8 I @KathyCo77505648
Level 7

"google maps will ask you to tag the photo"

I have a Pixel 3 and I am not prompted to "tag" a photograph when uploading. I can add a caption, but no apparent way to "tag" a photo. Is this capability available on the Pixel 3? And why doesn't Google a generate an up-to-date user guide for Google Maps rather than ask the user -- who in this case is providing free content for Google -- to sift through unorganized "chat room" comments in the hopes of finding some useful information.  

Level 10

@gowthamselvam Is there a way to tag a photo which already uploaded under 'All' category? or Tagging available only while uploading a photo?