AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

How to help others find the perfect slice 🍕

Caption: A photo of one pepperoni and one cheese New York-style pizza slices on paper plates at Joe’s Pizza in Brooklyn, New York, USA. (Local Guide Carlos Sardi)Caption: A photo of one pepperoni and one cheese New York-style pizza slices on paper plates at Joe’s Pizza in Brooklyn, New York, USA. (Local Guide Carlos Sardi)

I’m a native New Yorker, so I have a lot of feelings about pizza. But I know not everyone has the same preferences. Some people love a thick crust with a sauce that’s heavy on the herbs. Others would rather bite into a thin crust covered in a simple sauce. Then, there are the people who believe a Hawaiian slice is always the way to go.

My perfect slice might be your least favorite. The same goes for just about any dish. That’s why it’s so helpful to include specific details whenever you review a meal.

But today, I’m focused on pizza. Keep these tips in mind next time you review a slice.

Mention the style

Neapolitan. New York-style. Sicilian. Deep dish. These are just a few of the many different styles of pizza you can try.

Be descriptive about ingredientsand how it was baked  

Include details about the sauce, cheese, and any toppings you tried. Describe the crust. Was it crunchy or soft? How was the bake? Under, over, or somewhere in between? You may also want to mention the kind of ovenconvection, brick, or deck, to name a fewused.

Caption: A photo of hands holding up a plate with a classic Margherita pizza pie on it at L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli, Italy. The pie has mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and a few pieces of basil on it. (Local Guide Gianni Lupo)Caption: A photo of hands holding up a plate with a classic Margherita pizza pie on it at L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli, Italy. The pie has mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and a few pieces of basil on it. (Local Guide Gianni Lupo)Don't just write that a pie or the place you ordered it from is “good” or “bad”

Keep in mind that people reading your reviews don’t know your preferences. Instead of writing that you thought a meal was “good” or “bad,” share specific details that explain why you liked or disliked it.

Describe the atmosphere

Some pizza places have a grab-and-go atmosphere while others feature large dining rooms. Add details about tables, crowds, music, and anything else that may be useful for others to know before they go.

Caption: A photo of a person spreading sauce on dough at Ristorante Pizzeria Rubina in Concorezzo, Italy. (Local Guide Massimo Pastori)Caption: A photo of a person spreading sauce on dough at Ristorante Pizzeria Rubina in Concorezzo, Italy. (Local Guide Massimo Pastori)

Include helpful information for people with dietary restrictions

More and more restaurants are adding gluten-free or vegan options to their menus. Notice a place offers alternatives for people with restricted diets? Mention this in your review.

Have you written a great pizza review? Do you have a favorite place to order a pie? Tell us in the comments below!

14 comments
Level 9

Re: How to help others find the perfect slice 🍕

thanks for sharing this valuable tips @AriMar , thats true we must add more value in our reviews so we all get the benefits from each other experiences specially with Food and restaurants 🙂

one of my first reviews is about pizza restaurant , Pizza is something worth to make more than post about 😄

Level 10

Thanks @AriMar Very nice pizza photos and a fun post. It's sure to make you hungry. Here's my contribution to the pizza post. The photo is of a 16" plain mozzarella cheese and tomato, no frills, thin crust, coal fired pizza, which is my favorite kind. The thinner the better. The restaurant is "Brooklyn's Coal-Burning Brick-Oven Pizzeria", although it is located in Hackensack, New Jersey. 

Regards, Koby

For those interested, here's the link to my review of the restaurant:  https://goo.gl/maps/3dxKt8UJ45B2

Plain 16" mozzarella & tomato thin crust pizza - Brooklyn's Coal-Burning Brick-Oven PizzeriaPlain 16" mozzarella & tomato thin crust pizza - Brooklyn's Coal-Burning Brick-Oven Pizzeria

Level 7

Se ve deliciosa la pizza aquí donde vivo lo hacen muy diferente jejeje muy interesante dato gracias 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing these tips, @AriMar!

I have made several pizza reviews and I mainly write about the type and how much cheese they have, among other things. I have never mentioned the atmosphere, so thank you for pointing that out to us ☺️

Level 9

Helpful tips @AriMar yummy content thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

The RaptorThe RaptorIt is interesting you talk about "slice" in particular @AriMar in my travels around the world, it is usual to get an entire pizza which I've seen Americans refer to as "Pie". There are smaller vendors in Australia (such as Crust) who do sell by the slice but mostly you get the entire pizza unless you're buying from a food truck. Our toppings vary enormously. My favourite is one called the Raptor which has mozzarella, bocconcini, fresh tomato, tomato sauce, prawns, chinese sausage, hot salami, basil, red onion and of course hairy fish (anchovies). 

I generally like a bread crust pizza which is thick and soft. My partner Chris prefers a thin crust something like crisp bread. This means we rarely share a pizza but always get our own.

I also love pizza with fresh ingredients added after the cook such as tomato, basil, coriander (cilantro) and parsley.

Here are a few examples of other excellent pizza I've had.Fat Tony's / San FranciscoFat Tony's / San FranciscoPure South / MelbournePure South / MelbourneSantoni Pizza and Bar / MelbourneSantoni Pizza and Bar / Melbourne

Level 9

Hello @AriMar

Thank you for sharing your tips and also thank you for sharing your delicious pizza. 

Level 9

Water fall Restaurant  port saint johns South AfricaWater fall Restaurant port saint johns South Africa

This Pizza was very hot and spicy. We really enjoyed.Water Fall Restaurant Port Saint Johns South AfricaWater Fall Restaurant Port Saint Johns South Africa

Water fall Restaurant port saint johns South AfricaWater fall Restaurant port saint johns South Africa

Level 3

Thanyou